R14 quantize: all or nothing... is it so?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2013
R14 quantize: all or nothing... is it so?

I was used to just having the move quantize enabled in R11.5 and at the same time freely being able to rotate w/out quantizing, except when tuned on when needed.

Now, in R14 (after finally figuring out where the quantize menus were hidden) I can only seem to have quantizing affect all movement, scaling, rotation and texture at the same time - either on or off.

Do I have to sit and click that little box every time I need to quantize movement? - why are there not separate boxes to activate each one?.... is this another case of over-optimization?

04 April 2013
The "Tool Specific" option from the snap tab includes/affects the quantizing options.

04 April 2013
All you have to do is hold down the shift hotkey when moving, rotating, or scaling to turn on quantizing. Unfortunately ... stupidly ... you seem to have to modify the GUI to actually access the quantize settings themselves, should you wish to alter the defaults. Hopefully I'm just missing something and there's actually some way to change the quantize settings without having to manually add the sliders from the command manager?

04 April 2013
Go into the attributes manager and choose the modeling mode. Has all your snapping and quantizing settings. It is still all or nothing though.

04 April 2013
Originally Posted by LucentDreams: Go into the attributes manager and choose the modeling mode. Has all your snapping and quantizing settings. It is still all or nothing though.

Aha! Tx.

Help file should be much clearer on this.

04 April 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread