Expert

portfolio
Richard Squires
designer/director
reg
Melbourne, Australia

Cineware Lite

The cat is out of the bag

It's really quite good news on the After Effects side. Hopefully this isn't the only surprise from Maxon.

Last edited by rsquires : 04-04-2013 at 05:21 AM.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:22 AM   #62
Anthony Thorne
PRO

Cinema 4D lite now included in future versions of After Effects.

http://success.adobe.com/assets/en/...cts_NAB2013.pdf

"Save time and stay in the creative flow. Insert 3D objects directly into After Effects compositions thanks to the new Live 3D Pipeline with MAXON CINEMA 4D Lite, included with the next version of After Effects. The new Advanced Rendering engine allows you to composite C4D files within After Effects, including OBJ, FBX, and Alembic file formats. No more rendering and waiting every time you want to make an adjustment or just try out a new idea. Roundtrip edits and modifications between CINEMA 4D and After Effects are a snap, and any changes you make to the .C4D file are automatically updated in the After Effects project."

I'm just thinking now of all the workplaces with After Effects that will now see the use of having a Cinema 4D expert at hand.

Last edited by Anthony Thorne : 04-04-2013 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Tidying up font

Old 04-04-2013, 05:52 AM   #63
ThePriest
Bad Ass

portfolio
Stuart Townsend
Environment artist
Berkeley, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsquires
Cineware Lite

It's really quite good news on the After Effects side. Hopefully this isn't the only surprise from Maxon.

The workflow certainly has potential for setting up projections and matte paintings in motion.

The big deal breaker though is all this creative cloud stuff. I despise the idea and feel from what I've read, that they will ultimately make a mess of it.

Funny quote from video; "...and Nick is one of the masters at lighting in Cinema 4D"
Granted the guy has got talent and plenty of creativity, but he's no master of lighting.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:14 AM   #64
Srek
Some guy

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Björn Dirk Marl
Technical Design
Maxon Computer GmbH
Friedrichsdorf, Germany

Old 04-04-2013, 06:23 AM   #65
rsquires
Expert

portfolio
Richard Squires
designer/director
reg
Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePriest
The workflow certainly has potential for setting up projections and matte paintings in motion.

The big deal breaker though is all this creative cloud stuff. I despise the idea and feel from what I've read, that they will ultimately make a mess of it.

Funny quote from video; "...and Nick is one of the masters at lighting in Cinema 4D"
Granted the guy has got talent and plenty of creativity, but he's no master of lighting.

Yes I liked that Gorilla reference too.

The Creative Cloud thing is ok, and I reckon it's pretty good value for money when you look at what you get. However I hate the fact Adobe locks me to just 2 machines and doesn't allow me to activate and deactivate in a sensible way on the web for instance. Say I want to update to a new system on a fresh hard drive, I can't just leave After Effects on the old system. I have to de-activate it and then activate on the new one. I can't clone a hard drive with After Effects on it as a back up as the activation would be screwy since it is hardware dependant. If for some reason I forgot to do this and wiped the disc, I'd need to contact Adobe and get them to fix the problem. This is hardly cloud computing is it. Adobe punishes the paying customers with draconian DRM measures, and then wonders why people pirate the software.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:55 AM   #66
mazab
Expert

portfolio
Matthias Zabiegly
Munich, Germany

Old 04-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #67
eikonoklastes
Green

portfolio
eikonoklastes
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePriest

But the quote was "master of lighting in Cinema 4D", not "master of lighting". Taken in context, I'd say that's a pretty accurate quote. The guy knows his stuff in C4D.

Old 04-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #68
bezo
PRO

portfolio
Lubo Bezek
Slovakia

Quote:

Hopefully not...

Old 04-04-2013, 07:47 AM   #69
celke
PRO
portfolio
Carsten Elke
Switzerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelOtron
Whats that over John's shoulder? Is that a RHINO?

Well, in China and in Japan the ladies know exactly what he wants to express with that.

cheers

celke

Old 04-04-2013, 08:27 AM   #70
ChrisCousins
Lance for Hire

portfolio
Chris Cousins
Lance For Hire
Brighton, United Kingdom

Looks neat! I can imagine using this plenty. Maybe not full scenes in AE, but as a way of bringing in cameras & 3D scene data, looks plenty better than the .aec way.

Shame about the render limitations, plugins etc but there's workarounds I'm sure. I'm assuming/praying that the display in AE is all Cinema's OpenGL & renderer, nothing to do with the shonky 3D stuff in AECS6?

Cheers - C

Old 04-04-2013, 08:41 AM   #71
Seinfeld
PRO
portfolio
Jeff
Rotterdam, Netherlands

Quote:
Cineware Lite

I don't think this is the news, why would they release it before NAB?

Ps i think i'll still prefer the already nice c4d > aec file workflow we got currently, since that has no limitations.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:58 AM   #72
noseman
3D nosey

Athanasios Pozantzis
C4D Evangelist & fanboy - Certified C4D Trainer
Noseman productions
Toronto, Canada

This is the first step into a new paradigm of 3D -> Compositing -> 3D workflow.
Your 3D file is now a LIVE layer in After Effects!
That means that the workflow is bi-directional.
Many users will need a slight adjustment period, as some minor tweaks to your usual methods may be needed, as with all new technologies.
And as Rome was not built in a day, the best is yet to come!

Old 04-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #73
teleliq
Expert

portfolio
Simon Fiedler
Mainz, Germany

Those news are not as big as some expected, but beeing able to load in a mask without rerendering an object buffer is a cool thing. Great News!

Old 04-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #74
Greasemonkey
Veteran

portfolio
Nigel Upchurch
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Old 04-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #75
ssalo
Intentionally left blank

Sami Salo
Finland

Looks cool! Ability to use AE comps as live texture maps inside C4d scene would be super handy...

ANIMAATIOSTUDIO WIREFRAME
www.wireframe.fi

Thread Closed share thread