Cinema 4D lite now included in future versions of After Effects.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2013
If anything these little short clips/videos are rather annoying. These videos fail to build hype as they don't give the slightest hint. You need at least a hint to build hype. Right now nobody has the slightest idea what these videos are about and leave people scratching their heads.

04 April 2013
Originally Posted by Firebeard: If anything these little short clips/videos are rather annoying. These videos fail to build hype as they don't give the slightest hint. You need at least a hint to build hype. Right now nobody has the slightest idea what these videos are about and leave people scratching their heads.

I agree. Since I watch the first one I've decided not to bother taking any notice of any others. The problem with not even a little hint at something will make expectations run riot. They are putting it out as the best thing since sliced bread, and if they don't follow it up with the best thing since sliced bread then it will just be a slow leak in your baguette, whatever that means.
I do hope it's the best thing since sliced bread though or even on level with self toasting bread.

C4D XL, ZBrush, Motion Builder

04 April 2013
Originally Posted by Firebeard: If anything these little short clips/videos are rather annoying. These videos fail to build hype as they don't give the slightest hint. You need at least a hint to build hype. Right now nobody has the slightest idea what these videos are about and leave people scratching their heads.

Not true, it's pretty clear the bacon module has finally come. Now if they could just wrap up that hat module, that'd be the game changer.

04 April 2013
Am I the only one who feels a little afraid about this? I think of all the significant improvements that have been looked for - like a multi-threaded viewport, being able to handle a lot of objects, a TP update, a bodypaint update - and none of them seem "absurd" - they're basic necessities needed to keep up with everyone else.

To me, "absurd" says "gimmick".

04 April 2013
The only thing that is in my mind that is that it's going to be perfect live viewport rendering with GI.
If it's something I've always wanted and it's absurd to think of, then 99% of us have never thought about it, and it's something we have always wanted. Something too absurd to contemplate and something I've always wanted.
I think I want one. Or, is it just too absurd to think about? Book me a Psychiatrist please and make it a family sized one.

C4D XL, ZBrush, Motion Builder

04 April 2013
Maybe NET Render is finally going to be updated to work in the 21st century!

04 April 2013
I can't believe that nobody as mentioned the image that flashes one frame during the transition to static! The clue is right there! Where do I go to collect my prize?

04 April 2013
Angelina Jolie, a Ferrari, my own island? Honestly it could be any of the above and I'd be very happy, thank you Maxon!

04 April 2013
Finally we will be able to rename render passes....it will be revolutionary

My guess is also on a 2 way live bridge between AE and C4D. Can't see there being a relighting solution in AE , unless Adobe are also announcing new AE features. I guess it could be possible that AE could make dynamic calls to the C4D render engine, but once again that would require a new version of AE, so who knows

Maybe C4D is now a new plugin in the AE effects menu

04 April 2013
Originally Posted by Zendorf: Finally we will be able to rename render passes....it will be revolutionary

My guess is also on a 2 way live bridge between AE and C4D. Can't see there being a relighting solution in AE , unless Adobe are also announcing new AE features. I guess it could be possible that AE could make dynamic calls to the C4D render engine, but once again that would require a new version of AE, so who knows

Maybe C4D is now a new plugin in the AE effects menu

It's already possible to do relighting in AE via plugins using point position and normal passes.

04 April 2013
Quote: It's already possible to do relighting in AE via plugins using point position and normal passes

Actually I was implying more of a Katana workflow than Normality, but since you brought it up..... I have tried the Normality AE workflow many times before and given up due to the crappy aliased normal passes that C4D spits out. I had a few good conversations with the developer of the Normality plugin years ago and sent him some example C4D normal passes. He unfortunately confirmed that they were were not suitable for use with his plugin because it needs an antialiased pass. As one of the few people who actually donated to the developer to port it over to Mac, I was disappointed that I couldn't get the workflow to work!

I realise that technically an aliased pass should work better, likewise with a depth pass for post DOF, or UV pass for post texturing, but in most cases I have not found this to be the case. Which comes back to one of my many passes- related requests over the years to Maxon....that of providing the user with a checkbox option of AA with each pass.

Btw, I have tried the same Normality technique with passes from Blender with much better results, since it provides an AA normal pass, so I know that there is nothing wrong with the plugin. Anyway, Adobe needs to get their act together as much as Maxon in this respect, so that you don't have to cobble together third party plugins to use a relighting workflow that is taken for granted with Nuke or Fusion.

Sorry for my OT excursion and back to the issue at hand....so what is the video frame in the static that provides a clue, as I can't pause it

04 April 2013
Opening all CAD files native. And handling more than 10.000 Parts without hassle. (So Champfer will be done in your favorite CAD App) ;-)

I guess I am a lonely warrior.

04 April 2013
More?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCKL...eature=youtu.be

04 April 2013
as a beta tester its good to know what the people in these video's are talking about

04 April 2013
Now i definitely think this is about c4d-ae .

Fun teasers anyway, got me excited for NAB.

Thread Closed share thread