Using C4d r14 Position Pass in AE CS6?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2013
Using C4d r14 Position Pass in AE CS6?

Does anyone have any examples of this? I just upgraded to VideoCopilot Element 1.6, which has a really cool World Position pass function and it's really useful for compositing! So now I'm wondering how C4d's new Position Pass works with AE?

Thanks in advance!

03 March 2013
Yes, it won't be nearly as intuitive as the controls that video copilot also include for managing the world point positions so it will be a lot more manual. I can't show the work I use world point position for but it is a key tool for our environment lighting, particularly in conjunction with simple object mattes to create even more complex mattes.

Your trivial workflow is gong to be to choose specific channel(s) and the clamp and offset the black and white to creat mattes that essentially matte different areas in space. So I could render a large castle environment where my mattes were basically specific wall sections only but creat a matte to affect the light only on the top half of the wall or beyond a certain depth.

03 March 2013
Thanks Kai. Are you comping in AE or Nuke?

I googled a few AE plugins that handle position passes:
http://aescripts.com/pixel-cloud/
http://www.*********.com/features/p...assaftereffect/

And this one seems to do what Element does but it's not compatible with CS6:
http://aescripts.com/ft-ppass2matte/

03 March 2013
Neither although workflow wise itd be more similar to nuke. These plugins are for getting even fancier, in AE you should be able to use themt I create mattes free of charge.

03 March 2013
I would imagine this to be one area of integration resulting from the Adobe/Maxon partnership.

03 March 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread