Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 03-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #16
ThePriest
Bad Ass

portfolio
Stuart Townsend
Environment artist
Berkeley, USA

The possibilities are endless, but of course depends on how far they're willing to take the connection. I'd love to see a bridge that can handle rendering certain C4D elements directly in AE, so that multipass shots can be manipulated on the fly and modifications made to match compositional elements. It could be that 2.5D layers will become available in C4D, to better assist with camera projected shots. Anything that eases the burden of going back and forth all day with rendered elements, which would free the artist up to focus on more creative tasks.

If they're communicating on this level, perhaps they should trade tools. Bodypaint is long overdue a healing tool, perhaps even a content aware fill, yes please.

Still, exciting news though.

Last edited by ThePriest : 03-19-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #17
deepshade
Expert
portfolio
Paul T
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mism
Please god no! I'd love to see a C4D time line in AE, and a proper 3D environment.
I imagine that we are more likely to see a tighter integration without them encroaching into each others territory.

Well its taken since the launch of the Creative Suite (10 years) to get a few of the apps to use anything like a similar interface - and virtually no common keystrokes - so no danger there.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #18
swire
Veteran
portfolio
Sam
Norway

If Adobe bring in Mograph into AE I will shit a brick, physically! (There is a render joke in there.)

But I'm all for optimizing/refining the workflow between C4D and AE, the good part is that Adobe gets a good stance in the composition market against Nuke.

A good idea would be to create a student/educational bundle with AE+C4D to early establish users from their education. Then again I hate Adobe products and can't wait for a open source competitor to step the game up...

Old 03-20-2013, 12:11 AM   #19
Navstar
Expert

N Parker
Mograph Dude
Los%2BAngeles, United%2BStates

Really interesting! Can only mean good things, right?

Old 03-20-2013, 07:28 AM   #20
rsquires
Expert

portfolio
Richard Squires
designer/director
reg
Melbourne, Australia

Element 3D is a step in the right direction but it's hampered by interface quirks that make it quite hard to use without jumping through hoops. Simple things like renaming layers so you know which item is where are just not possible. It is as I say a step in the right direction.

If there was a way for C4D to interface with AE in a similar way to leverage almost realtime rendering from the GPU then this would be fantastic and would open up very interesting avenues. The depth of field in Element is really great for instance and although I am using an ATI card I am sure with an Nvidia GPU and CUDA it would be even better.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:40 AM   #21
Zendorf
synapse farmer
portfolio
James Redmond
Sydney, Australia

The hot word is that Adobe are revamping the 3D space in AE(well overdue as we all know). Supposedly , plugin devs have been told that the old 3d sdk is changing.

My guess is that you will be able to open up a .c4d file directly within AE in an upcoming version. Would most likely be just lights, cameras, meshes, nulls. But I could live with that

Old 03-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #22
Greasemonkey
Veteran

portfolio
Nigel Upchurch
Amsterdam, Netherlands

You already can import C4D files directly in CS6, bringing in lights & cameras with in/out points

Old 03-20-2013, 10:37 AM   #23
fuat
Expert

Fuat Yüksel
FX TD
Trixter
Munich, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasemonkey
You already can import C4D files directly in CS6, bringing in lights & cameras with in/out points

yes, you´re right. but navigating in AE´s worldspace is like being drunk in a helicopter without any chance to hold on anywhere while trying to focus a bird passing by. and all that looking through a handheld camera.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:42 AM   #24
brasco
Polygone

portfolio
Jon Bosley
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuat
yes, you´re right. but navigating in AE´s worldspace is like being drunk in a helicopter without any chance to hold on anywhere while trying to focus a bird passing by. and all that looking through a handheld camera.

Hah, indeed, you forgot to add the bird is in a different point in space time...

Would be nice to have nicer cam controls in AE for sure, are we really expecting that deep an implementation though?

cheers
brasc

Old 03-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #25
LukeLetellier
Work in Progress

portfolio
Luke Letellier
Portland, Maine, USA

Quote:
navigating in AE´s worldspace is like being drunk in a helicopter without any chance to hold on anywhere while trying to focus a bird passing by. and all that looking through a handheld camera.

+10 good sir

Old 03-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #26
Newstream
Expert

portfolio
A N
3D-Illustrator, Animator
Newstream
Stockholm, Sweden

Certain naming conventions might need looking at, for example "Object Buffers" in C4D are essentially channel masks in Adobe PhotoShop etc. In a seamless app environment, its always a good idea to keep the naming conventions synced.

Cheers / Alex

Old 03-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #27
brasco
Polygone

portfolio
Jon Bosley
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newstream
Certain naming conventions might need looking at, for example "Object Buffers" in C4D are essentially channel masks in Adobe PhotoShop etc. In a seamless app environment, its always a good idea to keep the naming conventions synced.

Cheers / Alex

No hope there, they don't even have consistent naming conventions across the Adobe products!

Old 03-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #28
GruvDOne
Keeper of the Cheese

portfolio
Willie Frazier
Production Designer
Reality Check Systems
Burbank, USA

Send a message via AIM to GruvDOne Send a message via Yahoo to GruvDOne
Quote:

In theory, yes, but I have never gotten it to work. There is something broken with that connection.
OSX 10.10.5
C4D R18 Studio/CC/VizRT
Will's Works

Old 03-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #29
Navstar
Expert

N Parker
Mograph Dude
Los%2BAngeles, United%2BStates

Quote:
…navigating in AE´s worldspace is like being drunk in a helicopter without any chance to hold on anywhere while trying to focus a bird passing by. and all that looking through a handheld camera.

THIS! ++++++++

Old 03-21-2013, 02:21 AM   #30
Zendorf
synapse farmer
portfolio
James Redmond
Sydney, Australia

Quote:

Yes, I realise this. Note that I said import with meshes In Fusion and Nuke you can export an fbx out of C4D and get the whole shebang...meshes, lights, cameras, nulls. So it is more of a one to one replication. There may be a live bridge between the two ala GOZ...who knows

When you bring C4D data into AE currently, all you really have is point and rotation data for your lights/cams/nulls. Better than nothing, but my guess is that Adobe/Maxon are aiming for more of a one to one translation when moving between apps. Presumably the Foundry are also working towards this for Modo/Nuke.

Thread Closed share thread