SuperVoxels Plugin by Remo

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #16
Originally Posted by HolgerBiebrach: Supervoxel is a Plugin I have missed for a long time. I have made a Video to show that you can use it great for sculpting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yydyZyL84Zk

That is cool, looks like Dynamesh! The other videos I saw made it seem like some sort of MoGraph cloning tool

Old 03 March 2013   #17
Originally Posted by LoopCorp: That is cool, looks like Dynamesh! The other videos I saw made it seem like some sort of MoGraph cloning tool

Yes it is a bit comparable to Dynamesh. I don't understand why Remo is not pointing out that more. It is a hammer-feature.
Voxel-Effects is something you will not need a lot. But Dynamesh...yes if you sculpt.
www.c4dStuff.com

HB_ModellingBundle

Old 03 March 2013   #18
Holger, thanks for video

I point to Igor at something closer to your suggestion.

Old 03 March 2013   #19
Good idea Holger, I hadn't thought of that! I have used the same technique before in Blender with its remesh modifier, and in ZB with dynamesh, so it is good to know there is now the option in C4D.

I have purchased supervoxels, and have been very impressed with its speed, but haven't had a chance to have a really good play with it yet.

Old 03 March 2013   #20
Originally Posted by Zendorf: Good idea Holger, I hadn't thought of that! I have used the same technique before in Blender with its remesh modifier, and in ZB with dynamesh, so it is good to know there is now the option in C4D.

I have purchased supervoxels, and have been very impressed with its speed, but haven't had a chance to have a really good play with it yet.

Yes it seems to be really fast.
www.c4dStuff.com

HB_ModellingBundle

Old 03 March 2013   #21
looks nice, can it be used to mesh particles,
like standard or thinking particles?

Old 03 March 2013   #22
Originally Posted by dirtyharry: looks nice, can it be used to mesh particles,

Yes you can mesh particles as well. I am not sure now if Standard particles is supported.
www.c4dStuff.com

HB_ModellingBundle

Old 03 March 2013   #23
like standard... particles?

No. Only mesh under it... And if you have setup based at it, you can to transfer it to tp by wondeful David's pCache http://www.plugins4cinema4d.com/pcache.html
And map it.

Old 03 March 2013   #24

TP will be supported and can be voxelized and then meshed, old standard particles are not supported.

Yes it is a bit comparable to Dynamesh. I don't understand why Remo is not pointing out that more. It is a hammer-feature.

Because SuperVoxles is a multi purpose tool and new possibilities could be added in a future version.
If I find more time then in the next update Re-meshing will be even more powerful.

Remo

Old 03 March 2013   #25
Looking forward to seeing a demo/lite we can use with serialised versions of C4D (ie not the C4D demo)

Old 11 November 2013   #26
Exclamation Updates for SuperTracer, SuperVoxels and GeoBreaker.

Hallo,

I have spend some time on weekends to update following plugins.
SuperTracer, SuperVoxels and GeoBreaker (part on GeoTools)
There are a couple of small fixes.

Windows 7,8,8.1 and OS X 10.7, 10.8 and 10.9 should be supported.
If you have any problems with it please let me know.

Remo

Old 11 November 2013   #27
If I must say, your plugins seem very interesting, but the description and presentation is very scarce. It's all in the lines of "It's a fully multithreaded multipurpose tool that does a lot of things and even more."

What's actually in each thing and what it could be used for isn't quite clear.

The supervoxel as a "dynamesh" style tool is great, but not really obvious. What's so super about the supertracer compared to native mograph tracer? etc...

It feels like a lot has been spent into the development, but that it's all going to waste by lack of marketing.

Old 11 November 2013   #28
In relation to EricM's concerns... Remo, perhaps give the plugins away to a competent user in exchange for them documenting and giving examples at a higher level that you don't have time for. Just a thought.

Old 11 November 2013   #29
> The supervoxel as a "dynamesh" style tool is great, but not really obvious.
There are also other ways to use SuperVoxels that are not as obvious.
Once I have some free time I want add even more features to SuperVoxels...

> It feels like a lot has been spent into the development, but that it's all going to waste by lack of marketing.
Yes I agree with you, unfortunately this is the case.
It makes for me fun to code all the tools, unfortunately marketing is not my strength.
If I have free time then I spend it on coding new stuff.

> perhaps give the plugins away to a competent user in exchange for them documenting and giving examples at a higher level that you don't have time for.
Yes this sound like a good idea. Let me know if some one really want to do this.
I am also open for other ideas.

Remo

Old 11 November 2013   #30
Exclamation

New SuperVoxels update is available now.

Added X-Particles 2.5 support.
Added new Particle Voxelisation / Polygonisation function that work with TP, XP and Points.
Added new Sphere “Polygonisation”
Added Instance support, can be used to link to any another input object.
Added Output mesh Smoothing.
Some other changes…

Remo

Thread Closed share thread