AoB - Real Curvature Shader

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 07 July 2013   #61
I already voted for a mac version but we know it's never going to happen.

Old 07 July 2013   #62
some lovely lush renders posted in here peoples..nice work

Henry Moore

Old 07 July 2013   #63
Hy there,

thank you all for the many mac-votes. I do not ignore you guys, I see every call for a mac version. I even saw the Linux call

The situation has not yet changed, so no mac build on the way yet. I hope you can understand, that changing the platform creates a lot of work. It will take me several weeks to create such a version with a lot of additional overhead (maintenance of builds for two platforms, testing on two platforms, updates or fixes have to be done for both, writing a new deployment and buy software and so on...).

But thanks for the votes and the comments...

Cheers,
André

Old 11 November 2013   #64
Hy there,

the Real Curvature Shader is now also available for R15, still at the same place:

Take me there!

Cheers,
André

Old 01 January 2014   #65
Is the bug?

See Material preview...

This is Cube Primitive. Not effective AoB shader in Viewport & Picture viewer.
Is the Bug?

How to make like material preview?
Must have Round Edge?
Need advice... Thanks..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error.jpg (49.5 KB, 76 views)

Last edited by avideditor : 01 January 2014 at 09:57 AM.

Old 01 January 2014   #66
Hy avideditor,

as you can see in your screenshot, the option "Matpreview - Use Preset Scales" is currently enabled.

From the Manual:

• Matpreview - Use Preset Scales
The RCS comes with its own material-preview scene. The option "Use Preset Scales" is meant to be used only with the RCS preview scene. If enabled, it will set a predefined "Scale Factor" for the individual "Data Modes". In case you want to use a different preview-scene or simply manually adjust the scale for the material preview, disable this option.

This means, if you want to see the exact same curvature as in the Material Preview, disable that option. Additionally you have to make sure, that the cube you use has about the same size and subdivisions as the cube in the preview.

Cheers,
André

Old 01 January 2014   #67
Originally Posted by maxx981: ...It will take me several weeks to create such a version...

Well, that was 25 weeks ago. Just think, you could have completed it by now.

Old 01 January 2014   #68
adding my Mac vote on this

Old 01 January 2014   #69
I too would love to see a mac version but I doubt it will happen.
Too bad judging by the examples posted it looks FANTASTIC!!

Old 09 September 2014   #70
No further plugin-development

I regret to inform you, that I will stop the further development of my plugins. This means, there won't be any "official" updates to R16 (but read below, there is a solution for R16).

My homepage will still be active. The existing plugins can still be purchased. If there are bugs or problems, they will still be fixed.

I shortly want to mention, what the main reason was, which led to this decision.

The API was a hassle since R12 (I didn't know it before then), but the lack of meaningful change since then, did a lot of the deciding for me. The documentation is bad. Really bad. Therefore support is important (or just fixing the damn documentation and API and provide new examples and so on..). But, as also discussed enough in this forum, the plugincafe is not a place to get help from Maxon. Help comes mostly from other devs, which of course also can't always find an answer. Together with the bad API, the programmers nightmare is perfect. I was with Cinema from R12 to R15, during that time, nothing important changed in the API.

I actually could have made this decision right after R15 was out, if Maxon would actually announce on what they are working for the next release. But as we all know...

So, therefore my timing is not the best to announce this decision, but there was not a lot of choice other than waiting and see, what R16 will deliver. When R15 didn't show any sign of improvement in the API, I quit my MSA. I gave Cinema one last chance, but nothing changed in R16 for the developer. So the decision is now final.

I was asked, if I would release the source-code now, where I do not further develop the plugins. The answer is a clear no. I would never just give out source-code. Also, I still sell those plugins for R12 to R15, because they still can provide, what no other can. If you need curvature definitions, isn't it better to be able to create them in R15 (or also R16), compared to not at all?

All of the plugins still work with R16. Some of the plugins need an updated resource file, which you can download here on my homepage:
http://www.artonbit.com/cinema4d-corner/readmeplugdev

This is not an "official" solution. As I do not possess R16, I won't be able to actually help with any new problems. But chances are very big, that everything still runs as expected, as there where no relevant API changes.

I really liked developing Tools for CG, but Cinema does not improve for the developers. It is just terrible to work with this API. But I hope, the existing plugins will still be of good use for quite a while...

Regards,
André

Old 09 September 2014   #71
a shame and disappointing read really…seen a number of comments over many releases a pity some of these haven't been sorted by now.

Henry Moore

Old 09 September 2014   #72
Originally Posted by flingster: a shame and disappointing read really…seen a number of comments over many releases a pity some of these haven't been sorted by now.

Can you please be specific? What was not sorted by now?

Cheers,
André

Old 09 September 2014   #73
documentation and plugin cafe

Henry Moore

Old 09 September 2014   #74
Originally Posted by flingster: documentation and plugin cafe

Ah, I thought you mean issues with my plugin

Old 09 September 2014   #75
Only just discovered this plug. Great results, Andre! Such a shame you're no longer working on it, although I understand the reasons.

Can anyone with the plug and R16 comment if its working ok please?

ten

reply share thread