Old 03-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #1
zacleck
Frequenter
portfolio
zac leckscheid
3d artist
Minneapolis, USA

Right-click not showing all features in Attribute Manager

I've run into an odd little issue and I'm not sure if there's a preference that I can change or if the install screwed something up.

I'm rigging a character following the Digital Tutors "Rigging Cartoon Characters" set and he frequently will right click in the attribute manager to do things like set driver or add keyframe selections, but when I right click I don't have the Animation tab he's referring to. The first thing I have listed is "User Interface". "Show Subchannels" and "Create Script" are also not listed.

Is there something I can do to bring them back or do I have to re install Cinema? Or at the very least, is there a workaround to add keyframe selections besides right-clicking in the attribute manager?

I'm running R14

Old 03-06-2013, 06:59 AM   #2
Srek
Some guy

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Björn Dirk Marl
Technical Design
Maxon Computer GmbH
Friedrichsdorf, Germany

The content of that menu is context sensitive. Only if you activate it over an element that dioes support certain functions you will see the matching entry in the menu. For example all properties that don't have an animation circle in front of them won't have the Animations or Xpressions menu either.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #3
zacleck
Frequenter
portfolio
zac leckscheid
3d artist
Minneapolis, USA

These are objects that do have the animation circle in front of them. For a couple of objects where the tutorial told me to right-click, go into animation and set a driver, I was still able to build the xpresso chain manually, just not through the right-click attribute menu function. I can't seem to find anywhere else in the toolbar or anywhere else to add a keyframe selection. It's not holding me up by any means, I was just hoping it was something that I could resolve since keyframe selections seemed like a nice thing to add into a rig.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #4
Srek
Some guy

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Björn Dirk Marl
Technical Design
Maxon Computer GmbH
Friedrichsdorf, Germany

Show subchannels is only available for properties that do have subchannels, for example gradients and vectors.
Maybe you should get in contact with Maxon techsupport, make sure to provide screenshots that show the exact situation, so far the verbal description is not enough for me to give you better help.
Cheers
Björn

Old 03-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #5
zacleck
Frequenter
portfolio
zac leckscheid
3d artist
Minneapolis, USA

I think it's just my install is screwy. Other people in the studio have opened my scene and can right-click in the attributes tab and see the options I'm missing. I was just hoping there was a preferences thing I could change to fix it but I think I'll try an uninstall and go from there.

Thanks for your help though. I'm new to Cinema.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:29 AM   #6
HolgerBiebrach
@Holgerbiebrach

portfolio
Holger Biebrach
Animator, TD
Freelancer
Hamburg, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacleck
I think it's just my install is screwy. Other people in the studio have opened my scene and can right-click in the attributes tab and see the options I'm missing. I was just hoping there was a preferences thing I could change to fix it but I think I'll try an uninstall and go from there.

Thanks for your help though. I'm new to Cinema.

Are you aware: You have to rightclick right on your Attribute to get the options you are looking for. If you are clicking in the Tab not on a Attribute you are getting the Window and Pallete options.
www.c4dStuff.com

HB_ModellingBundle

Old 03-07-2013, 08:29 AM   #7
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread