Subscription tutorial site advice.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2013
I signed with lynda.com for at least one more month. Their Adobe section is probably their largest subject and I didn't really get a chance to have a look before my demo week ran out. I may have to give Cineversity another look as well. Thanks a lot guys for the help!

02 February 2013
For my own two cents - Tim Clapham's C4D courses at fxphd contain the best training I've had in any online class. Most of them are relatively basic in nature (except for his thinking particles class - that was a really good one), and he moves at a fast clip, packing so much into each hour. You can check out his free content over at www.helloluxx.com to get an idea of his style and tone of voice.

02 February 2013
I also highly recommend Tim Clapham's fxphd courses.

02 February 2013
Originally Posted by LukeLetellier: ...Tim Clapham's C4D courses at fxphd contain the best training I've had in any online class...

Ditto. I've taken quite a few of Tim's courses at fxphd and I have to agree, best C4D training available. Actually, I'm in the TP course right now and it's awesome.

But the OP is looking for quick access to concepts for a refresher, fxphd is more of a mix of concepts and projects, depending on the course.

02 February 2013
Originally Posted by Jim-H: Hi Patrick,

This new series looks very interesting. This may be worth the price of admission alone.

BTW, whatever happened to the bi-monthly Cineversity Live shows? Really used to look forward to those.

Time happened. (or a lack there of)
On the upside, the outcome of the whole thing was that all the major trade shows are now being recorded.
Someday the bi-weekly thing might make a comeback...
For now....everyone should start booking time off in April so they can watch the NAB livestream

02 February 2013
Right now 2/3 of the C4D content on lynda.com is being covered by Rob Garrott which for my purposes is fine, he covers all the basics of C4D r14 thoroughly over about 10 hours. If you are a pro that is hoping to learn something new lynda.com isn't the place for you, not yet at least, and they don't try to hide that fact it clearly says that most of their C4D content is beginner level.

I am aware that I could learn something new with one of the other sites but I've found that when I run into problems it's not that I need a more elegant solution but in fact that I need to remember the core functionality of a tool that I haven't used in a while. That's why lynda.com seems like something I may want to keep around in my back pocket for when I need it.

02 February 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread