Magic world of Vlisco Group (finished work)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2013   #1
Magic world of Vlisco Group (finished work)

After a few months of hard work, we are proud to present our latest work: The magic world of Vlisco Group. There is also a little breakdown of the video.

Video: https://vimeo.com/54780613
Making of: https://vimeo.com/59511074

Old 02 February 2013   #2
Top notch stuff!!

Old 02 February 2013   #3
Wow, very impressive. Well done.

Old 02 February 2013   #4
Would love to see how you set up the cloth rigs. Did you use c4d's cloth engine?

Noticed you shot on white, not green--I assume due to the complexion of subjects as well as the variety of color on the clothing?

Did you use AE or Nuke to composite/color correct. Nice work there.

Interested in how you got the parralax of the clouds in the sky during the flyover the pool at the start. Did you layer static clouds on cards in post--or was it timelapse video footage of clouds?

Really nice work!

Old 02 February 2013   #5
If I can find some time I'll show my setup. You mean the part where they come out of the frames?

I did use C4D cloth engine, although it is far from ideal, I managed to get something out of it

We used AE for compositing, I haven't been learning Nuke yet. I hear that it would be better for this kind of composite projects.

Why we used white screen. Well we thought, greenscreen gives fuzzy edges and ugly spill. I did some testing with a white BG and managed to get quite good luma keys. And because the background is white in the final movie, the idea was that small mistakes would be harder to see.. BUT! During the shoot it turned out there were to few lights to properly lit the BG pure white. It looked grey.. So that meant.. Rotoscoping..

The clouds are done with a particle system containing photos of clouds.

Hope this gives some insight

Old 02 February 2013   #6
Gaaf gedaan!
dank voor de breakdown

Old 02 February 2013   #7
Originally Posted by Heerko: If I can find some time I'll show my setup. You mean the part where they come out of the frames?

I did use C4D cloth engine, although it is far from ideal, I managed to get something out of it

We used AE for compositing, I haven't been learning Nuke yet. I hear that it would be better for this kind of composite projects.

Why we used white screen. Well we thought, greenscreen gives fuzzy edges and ugly spill. I did some testing with a white BG and managed to get quite good luma keys. And because the background is white in the final movie, the idea was that small mistakes would be harder to see.. BUT! During the shoot it turned out there were to few lights to properly lit the BG pure white. It looked grey.. So that meant.. Rotoscoping..

The clouds are done with a particle system containing photos of clouds.

Hope this gives some insight

Thanks for the insight. For the cloth--also wondering how you got the wrapping and tightening around the figure.

Sounds like it was a good call on the white screen despite it not working out as planned. Live and learn.

Old 02 February 2013   #8
The closeups of the tightening are video footage. But the total of the figure is done with cloth in combination with a spline wrap.

Old 02 February 2013   #9
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread