MoGraph/Particle Caching (pCache)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2013   #1
MoGraph/Particle Caching (pCache)

A number of threads here have mentioned pCache, so rather than bury this in one of those I'm just dropping a note here. A new update (v0.51) is available for this caching/generation/rendering/particle plugin, this now enables the Physical render to render the Hair particles. It also adds MoGraph object caching (such as Cloner, Tracer was added in the last version).

If you use pCache with pShade please update both plugins, pShade 0.80 is needed to work with the latest pCache changes.

Please see our site for details, www.plugins4cinema4d.com

Thanks.

A question that sometimes drives me hazy, am I or are the others crazy?

Old 01 January 2013   #2
Thanks, I already bought your awesome plugins, especially without pcache I couldn´t work anymore!!
Now with mograph caching!!
It´s a pity that maxon is not able to integrate external caching though

Do you send this update notice to customers too? Not everybody is checking regulary...

Old 01 January 2013   #3
Originally Posted by Schnupps: Do you send this update notice to customers too? Not everybody is checking regulary...

Not yet, but as I'm getting a number of requests for a mailing list I'm looking into it along with other possible update notification (in the plugin itself hopefully). Hope to get something up soon. Thanks.

Old 01 January 2013   #4
Would indeed be very welocme to have some sort of notification for updates.
Great tools by the way!

odo

Old 01 January 2013   #5
Awesome

Is the Mograph cache intended only to cache the objects to a thinking particles group (of particles)? Or does it have another usage?

This for me is one of the most exciting features to come to C4D in a long time.
So many possibilities. Great work!

Old 01 January 2013   #6
Originally Posted by ThePriest: Is the Mograph cache intended only to cache the objects to a thinking particles group (of particles)? Or does it have another usage?

It allows the pCache trails (like Tracer) to work with MoGraph, there is the output of the MoGraph point clouds to particles/points (to X-Particles for example). It also enables MoGraph to work with any of the other pCache options, such as the retiming or subframe sampling.

I was hoping to be able to output directly back to MoGraph but so far can't find out how (or if even possible). It also means you can render/generate from within pCache, and it is all NET friendly (either via memory or file caching).

I bet you guys will have far more ideas of what to do with it than I will!

Old 01 January 2013   #7
It's a great addition. It gives me the ability to setup particles visually with dynamics, which eliminates all the back and forth nonsense with xpresso. I'll be experimenting more with this for sure.

As far as motion blur goes, the results are looking good and render times are fast.
Water sim with pcache as the foam layer next!

Very simple tests.

Last edited by ThePriest : 01 January 2013 at 09:00 PM.

Old 02 February 2013   #8
pCache has a new update available that brings additional MoGraph support. You can now use MoGraph Effectors with the Deform list, an example of using Deformers with pCache can be found here:

http://vimeo.com/58533269

The new update also adds combined Calculate for multiple object selection (select many pCache objects and Calculate will run a single pass, rather than per object).

The MDD (Lightwave Motion Designer Data) file format is now supported, so pCache can read the point data and output it to particle/points/render/mograph etc.

More information can be found on our History page.

http://www.plugins4cinema4d.com/history.html

Thanks.

Old 02 February 2013   #9
impressive !! and so usefull.. yeeaaaaahhhh

Old 03 March 2013   #10
Originally Posted by Schnupps: Do you send this update notice to customers too? Not everybody is checking regulary...

A mailing list is now available on our site for those who wish to be notified of updates/news about our plugins.

Thanks.

Old 03 March 2013   #11
I tried to use the Spline Deformer on a Pcache to deform a particle stream but it wouldn't play. Is there a reason for this

Old 03 March 2013   #12
Originally Posted by rsquires: I tried to use the Spline Deformer on a Pcache to deform a particle stream but it wouldn't play. Is there a reason for this

Not that I know of, I've just tested it here and it works fine. What version of pCache are you using? If you are having any problems please contact our support or use the Contact Us on our site. Thanks.

Old 03 March 2013   #13
Originally Posted by obeardy: Not that I know of, I've just tested it here and it works fine. What version of pCache are you using? If you are having any problems please contact our support or use the Contact Us on our site. Thanks.

Well it sort of works except you can only set it from 0% to 2% in the from and to dialogue and it still extends way beyond the spline. Not a great deal of control. I have tried a few different settings but can't seem to get it to work

Old 03 March 2013   #14
Originally Posted by rsquires: Well it sort of works except you can only set it from 0% to 2% in the from and to dialogue and it still extends way beyond the spline. Not a great deal of control. I have tried a few different settings but can't seem to get it to work

The Spline Wrap deformer is not strictly a standard deformer. It has two parts to it. At the moment the only way it will work correctly is if it has a parent object that is of the size you need for the deformation. The Spline Wrap deformer look for a parent object to get the bounds for its wrapping. The easiest solution is to just put a cube as the parent and hide it from the render/editor. This should then enable the deformer to work as intended.

Old 03 March 2013   #15
Originally Posted by obeardy: The Spline Wrap deformer is not strictly a standard deformer. It has two parts to it. At the moment the only way it will work correctly is if it has a parent object that is of the size you need for the deformation. The Spline Wrap deformer look for a parent object to get the bounds for its wrapping. The easiest solution is to just put a cube as the parent and hide it from the render/editor. This should then enable the deformer to work as intended.

Great. A perfect explanation. Thanks

Thread Closed share thread