NET render and Textures

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2013   #1
NET render and Textures

Hello,

I'm having issues with with my Net Renderer. I've done ''save project with assets'' saved it to user/render_1 directory so it has the cinema4d file as well as ''tex'' file there. However when I submit it to the Net Render I get ''Missing Textures / Low Memory:'' error straight away.

It seems not to find any of the textures that are used inside the scene. However when I go to Project info/textures all of them are recognized. I've even set the network paths in the Cinema preferences as well as the server and the client. However still no luck.

Any suggestions?

Old 01 January 2013   #2
What kind of images are those? Do they require a specific codec (quicktime)? If yes it needs to be installed on all clients.

Old 01 January 2013   #3
hi Srek,

nah it's just simple JPEG's, PNG's and maybe few HDRI's...

its very weird because if I render locally on the client machine all the textures are there and everything is fine.

Old 01 January 2013   #4
Then maybe check out the actual memory consumption, it might realy be an out of memory problem.

Old 01 January 2013   #5
make sure that the tex folder is into your job folder (when you create a job in net server, the server automatically create a folder with the same name) and your path texture into file be without the complete path (no: f:\folder\sa.jpg, yes: sa.jpg)

Old 01 January 2013   #6
Srek - both of the machines got 32gb of ram and the scene is not that heavy so RAM shouldn't be a problem.

What I have discovered is that even if i run the project on the same machine via the server it will give me errors and wont render.

kimus - when I go to mode/Project info/Textures initially there are no full paths there only when I click ''Reload All Texture'' it links back to E:\ProjectName\user\Administrator\shot01\tex

is that a problem? if so how do you clear those paths?

Old 01 January 2013   #7
when you take a texture CINEMA says: "this image is not in the project search path. do you want to create a copy at the prokect location?"
you say yes.
you have to do it for all the textures and then you have to put the tex folder into your net render job folder
you won't have any problems

Old 01 January 2013   #8
so I have to relink every texture in the scene by hand? I got like 50 materials are there any shortcuts that I can use to do that?

Last edited by Gamble : 01 January 2013 at 11:12 AM.

Old 01 January 2013   #9
edit-->project info-->textures
maybe there you can automatically reload all the textures

Old 01 January 2013   #10
how do you get that message saying that the image is not in the search path? because when I click on the texture and select the jpeg it doesn't say anything..?

Old 01 January 2013   #11
when you create a new material, cinema usually ask you if you want to create a texture's copy in your project folder

Old 01 January 2013   #12
but that's the thing, all the textures are there.. All of them got links in Project Info/Textures and even when I put them on the Net Render (by copying cinema4d and the tex file to the user\administrator) in the browser window I see that the textures are uploaded with the job.. I'm completely lost why it is not working..

Last edited by Gamble : 01 January 2013 at 11:40 AM.

Old 01 January 2013   #13
i think this appened because you have complete path in your materials...
try to create a new material and see if it asks that sentence
i had the same issue and i resolved in that way

Old 02 February 2013   #14
If you save your project with assets and c4d is not asking where the textures are you should be fine for netrender (All tex pathes are then okay). After saving you should have a project folder, inside the c4d file and the tex folder. If this folder is copied to your netrender user it should work. If you then get an error from your net render, their is something weird going on. Did you try to make a very simple scene (one box, one material) and tested that?

Old 02 February 2013   #15
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread