"Animating Project" and Reversing Animation

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2013   #1
"Animating Project" and Reversing Animation

Hey guys, quick question and I cannot find anything about it anywhere... my google-Fu seems to be reaaally low today...

Anyway:

I have a Rig with Bones and IK to open a huge folding door in our archi-viz project. Now when ever I change anything with the animation or try anything else my cinema starts "animating project" (see screenshot of the taskbar thingy) in the background and pretty much freezes my workflow. This is really annoying... Can I turn it off or does nothing work anymore without it?

And another related question:
I have animated the door opening. Now I want to reverse the animation to close it again (mirror X, reverse sequence, draging the keys in the timeline,...) but every time I reverse it the folding angle of the IK - bones go south... How can I mirror the animation without killing it?

Thank you very much!

Greetz,
JayCox
Attached Images
File Type: png Animating_Project_background.PNG (1.6 KB, 13 views)

Old 01 January 2013   #2
Here's an old file from 2006 with expresso that might help you.

With thanks to the original poster "W" (?) for the file

iMac 3.06 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo / 16 GB / OS 10.9.5 / C4D StudioR12 / CS6

R.I.P. 11.02.11 ... my dear friend .

Old 01 January 2013   #3
Thank you for that but It sadly did not really help. But I figured out what I did wrong... forgot to select another tag that was animated and thereby broke the animation when in reverse. So this problem is solved

But about the "animating project" background task... How can I switch this off? Or does it have to stay on and i just have to "deal with it" ?

Thanks and Greetz,
JayCox

Old 01 January 2013   #4
Usually when I see the problem you speak of (animating project) is when there are lots and lots of particles in the scene, or a dynamics setup. Basically anything that has to be computed over time.

If you are at frame 0 in editor, then jump to say frame 300, it has to calculate all the simulations from 0 to 300 before it can display it in the editor.

How this relates to your scene, I'm not sure, but I bet it's something similar.

Old 01 January 2013   #5
arg crap... ok thanks! I do infact have a particle set up in the scene... but it is deactivated at that moment... but if I activate it it will want to be correct... ok Thank you! Gonna go ahead and kill it now

Thanks a lot !

Greetz,
JayCox

Old 01 January 2013   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread