Snapping function

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2013   #1
Snapping function

Hi All!

I'm having some trouble understanding exactly how the snapping function works. I know it sounds silly, I've used C4D for quite a while but haven't bothered to fully research this simple tool. I come from a background of Maya, where you can just hold V and move the point, and it is really reliable in snapping to any point your cursor is over...

With C4D (using R13), I've watched a few videos today on the snapping feature, but don't understand completely the the axis functions, radius and quantize. I tried messing around with multiple options, but it just seems extremely hard to snap two close points together. Feels like I'm wrestling with a pig in mud and losing

Something this simple shouldn't be frustrating, feel like a moron for not understanding such a basic tool

Any tips or places to read up on the function a little more would be fantastic :| Had a look at the help and it was good for seeing what each option does but still don't see why I can't snap these points easily (below)...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snap.jpg (26.1 KB, 29 views)

Old 01 January 2013   #2
Not sure what all they did but Maxon seems to have refined the snapping tools in R14. For your particular deal in R13, I found that by going in to the tools mode of the attribute manager and upping the radius for snapping from 10 to 20 helps quite a bit.

Also be sure to enable 3D and point snapping then select and drag your first point over to your second.

Old 01 January 2013   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread