Effex Grace Period

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2013   #1
Effex Grace Period

Hello everyone!

The Grace Period of Effex is running and we are officially announcing that it will soon end.
But before it´s running out (31st, March 2013!) we let you have a trifle which will be to your liking...

So everyone who is hungry for some Effex should grab this delicious extra before the new cake is taken out of the oven.

For more details about Effex you can check out our website www.dpit2.de and for practical examples & tutorials visit our YouTube channel.

Bon appétit!

Last edited by Katachi : 03 March 2013 at 05:42 PM.

Old 01 January 2013   #2
Are you raising the price of Effex after the 2.0 release?

Old 01 January 2013   #3
Can you post a direct link to EFFEX 2.0
along with the grace period dates and prices please
Its all a bit confusing on the site as to what is the old version, what is available to demo (is there a v 2.0 demo), how much its going to cost.

A quick post here would be much appreciated

Last edited by deepshade : 01 January 2013 at 03:14 PM.

Old 01 January 2013   #4
Hello,

@mustardseed:
yes, the price of Effex will rise once released. However there are no public prices available yet. But I can tell you that money will be saved if you make use of this offer.

@deepshade:
This is the shop item:
http://www.dpit2.de/shop/catalog/pr...&products_id=21

Here you can find details about Effex:
http://www.dpit2.de/v2/index.php?content=effex

Unfortunately there is no official release date yet. However as our front page ad states the grace period lasts for 6 months from the point of release.

Hope that helps!

Nancy
Katachi - Design & Support
www.dpit2.de

Old 01 January 2013   #5
Upgrades are excluded from this grace period update I read. Can you tell if it will be possible to update from Plants1 to Effex2 (or plant & Effex2)?

And more interesting: Any teasers of Effex2 already?

odo

Old 01 January 2013   #6
Hi,

first of all, my support girl has already answered hours ago in this thread (even before ooo answered). She registered brand new here (she is new at Katachi) so apparently her posting must be approved by a mod first...
So sorry for the delay, we didn't expect it to take that long to get approval.

Anyway, then I will answer now (and don't be confused when her posting pops up all of a sudden).

@mustardseed: Yes, the price will rise.

@deepshade: The grace period, as stated in the promotional ad on our homepage, dates back 6 months from point of release of v2.0. There are no prices available for it, only at release day (which will be the day when it's released I stopped giving dates but if you want to keep track, subscribe to our facebook page...see my sig).

It's currently all v1.5 (or rather 1.7..as that's the latest version number) on the website. That's why we offer the grace period. V2.0 is not yet released. But it's pure cash being saved by taking the offer, there's no doubt about that.

@ooo: yes, you will be able to upgrade from Plants 1.0, Effex 1.5, Plants & Effex 1.5 just as usual once v2.0 is released. The offer only says that buying an upgrade or an educational version does not qualify for the grace period. It only applies to new full commercial licenses. So if you are already on Plants 1.0 or Effex 1.5 (or the bundle) then you may sit tight and wait for release. There is no advantage nor disadvantage for existing customers.

I will start posting new previews at the end of January (there are a few information in our forums and on the FB page already though...)

Hope that helps
Best
Samir

Old 01 January 2013   #7
Whats a grace period? And for what?

Thanks

Old 01 January 2013   #8
Originally Posted by JoelOtron: Whats a grace period? And for what?

Thanks

A grace period is a certain range of time before a new version is released that accomodates new users that bought the software during that period. The accomodation expresses itself with a free upgrade to that new version.

Think of someone buying Effex 1.5 and 2 days later the new version 2.0 is released. It would be unfair to charge that new user a fee for upgrading to that new version. So there is a period that avoids this...the grace period.

I thought it was common knowledge...the image apparently is of no help...so I changed it now.

Old 01 January 2013   #9
The term "grace period" usually refers to a period of time after an action is taken. For example--you buy something from a shop and the shop allows you a few weeks "grace period" during which decide to return it if you dont like it.

I see what you mean now.
You are basically saying buy it now before the price goes up significantly.

Old 01 January 2013   #10
I'm assuming this grace period will run for at least a week or two? I have a project right now that requires some plant work, so I'm testing out the demo now to see if it will fit the needs, and would be purchasing in the next ten days or so if it does.

It would also be nice to see what kind of features are in the 2.0 release before purchasing.

Thanks,
Luke

Old 01 January 2013   #11
Originally Posted by JoelOtron: The term "grace period" usually refers to a period of time after an action is taken. For example--you buy something from a shop and the shop allows you a few weeks "grace period" during which decide to return it if you dont like it.

Oh I see...I'm not a native speaker but in germany we call what i described above a "grace period". if you google for "grace period software" you get several entries of software that include a free upgrade to the upcoming version of the software if bought during a certain time period (e.g. Adobe, Steinberg..).
Could you tell me what the correct english term is for what I described? I guess i Didn't expect such a specific english term to be different in english. Thanks!

Edit:
Hmm it doesn't seem to be a germany specific term, for example this english page describes the same: http://wiki.eltima.com/policies/upgrade-policy.html

But I also found pages that use the term for an MSA like period (providing the user with maintenance and upgrades during that time...which seems like an extension to my description). And then I also found software that uses it to describe a trial period which probably in line with your description. Hmm it doesn't seem to be a definite term i guess :-|

Last edited by Katachi : 01 January 2013 at 10:38 PM.

Old 01 January 2013   #12
Originally Posted by LukeLetellier: I'm assuming this grace period will run for at least a week or two? I have a project right now that requires some plant work, so I'm testing out the demo now to see if it will fit the needs, and would be purchasing in the next ten days or so if it does.

It would also be nice to see what kind of features are in the 2.0 release before purchasing.

Thanks,
Luke

I'll be posting some nice stuff soon. Please be aware that Plants alone is not linked to the grace period.

Old 01 January 2013   #13
Originally Posted by JoelOtron: I see what you mean now.
You are basically saying buy it now before the price goes up significantly.

Here we fully agree

Old 01 January 2013   #14
Originally Posted by Katachi: I'll be posting some nice stuff soon. Please be aware that Plants alone is not linked to the grace period.

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing what you have. If I like what I see then there's a good chance I'll purchase the large package.

Old 01 January 2013   #15
Btw the cupcake in the ad is actually done with c4d and effex 2.0

Thread Closed share thread