Exporting helper objects with .aec

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2013   #1
Exporting helper objects with .aec

I just wanted to make sure what I'm experiencing is right and its not a bug or something.

I setup a plane as a solid helper object via a external compositing tag. If I render out a frame sequence, say 0-100, and import the .aec into AE, the 3d solid is there and everything works.

Now, if I want to update that helper object in C4d, is there no way to just export and save out the .aec without having to re-render the whole sequence? Because if I just hit the save button under the "Compositing Project FIle" tab, it doesn't save my 3d layer in there.

Is this normal?

Old 01 January 2013   #2
Hi - I've been noticing some oddness too when updating an AEC, hadn't got down to nailing the problem.

Is the plane perhaps in a hierarchy? If it is, try putting the ext.Comp tag on the parent, and check 'include children' - that will bung out nulls for everything in the chain so you'll have to manually dig out the plane you're after.

Hope that works for you - it seems we have some creepy crawlies lurking in the AEC export somewhere.

Old 01 January 2013   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread