Stop Gravity !!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2012   #1
Smile Stop Gravity !!

Hii

I have a group of cubes with " Rigid Body tag " and and i want them to go up the same way as they losing the Gravity .

So i add a " Gravity tag " and set the Gravity parameter to -200 so now all the cubes flying up in " + y "

But i just want to prevent cubes from flying forever i want them just stop faraway from the ground about only 2000 cm in +y
i try it to stooping the Gravity but actually they will come back to fall in the ground again !
so is there are option or anyway to prevent the cubes from going to forever in +y ?

File :

http://www.2shared.com/file/nMb16QcU/Gravity.html

Old 01 January 2013   #2
I would d/l and look at your file but i am not prepared to d/l and install some cr*p called livid.exe, load the file to a sensible place and people may help

Old 01 January 2013   #3
Project Preferences - Dynamics Tab - you can turn off global gravity there.
To limit the effect of your upward gravity object, set a Falloff value.
To cause the particles to come to rest once they leave the influence of your up gravity, add a friction object, also with falloff as needed.

Or here is a file using just a gravity object, and "Follow Position" to allow them to stop once outside of the Gravity Falloff.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4480607/Gravity_up_JW.c4d.zip

Last edited by JeremyW : 01 January 2013 at 02:36 AM.

Old 01 January 2013   #4
Originally Posted by paulselhi: I would d/l and look at your file but i am not prepared to d/l and install some cr*p called livid.exe, load the file to a sensible place and people may help

you clicked the wrong download link

OP: What Jeremy suggested will work for you. Falloffs and additional modifiers.

-kvb

Old 01 January 2013   #5
Wherever i click it will not d/l the file. i hate these cheap ar*e scam d/l sites that litter their pages with download buttons simply for ad revenue

Old 01 January 2013   #6
Set the antigravity object to have a cube falloff. Then place some friction so they come to a halt.

Old 01 January 2013   #7
First I am so sorry for my late reply as i was testing everything ..

Thanks paulselhi for the comment and i am sorry for the link next time i will change it .

Thanks JeremyW i really appreciating your reply and your explanation and your time to posting the file ... and for clearing everything

I used the gravity object with friction object .. and it is really working like charm ...

Actually i Didn't used the follow position as i want to add another simulation effect and with any Little numbers of follow position with any other effect everything work slowly and it will result a freeze movement ...

But i have a little Problem as i want to attract cubes to each others one by one so i add it a force dynamic it is working but they attract to each others in the same time .

for example if we have 6 cubes and cube no 1 in the middle . can we attract the first cube to the 2 cube then 3 cube attract to them then 4 ,5,6 . !

I try hard to figure that ... i try it to playing with falloff but i didn't get that effect at all !! I wish if there are any advice ... !!

Here are the file with gravity and force dynamics

http://www.mediafire.com/?lvphwe58048c99b

Or

http://uploadingit.com/file/mcurj8a...y+and+force.c4d

Or

http://www.2shared.com/file/7Kmedmw..._and_force.html

I am so thankful really for every one

Thanks Kvb , imashination for your explain and Jeremy suggestion working so good .

I wish everybody a very happy new year 2013 .

Old 01 January 2013   #8
couldn't you just have a separate Force Object for each cube and animate each of their influences as needed?

Old 01 January 2013   #9
Yup and it is working . Thanks JeremyW .

Old 01 January 2013   #10
Hii Jeremy !!

i try it your advice somehow later i faced some problems !!

For example - we have 4 cubes " Red , Blue , Green , yellow "

Goal >> .. Force " Cube red and blue " to attract to each other and after 3 second force " Cube green and Yellow " attracting to the red and blue cubes .

I do it but the result wasn't that i want at all as i want make all cubes attract to the red cube as a hero object but what happens when using force that red and blue attracting to each other then i find the red cube and blue leaving their positions in space to attract the other cubes .

Here are the file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8r3fk...ellow_green.c4d

Also I cant separate Force Objects .... all i can do from Force Mode dynamic list just include or exclude " All Force objects " .. but i cant include and exclude another one in the same time !!

So ,,

1- is there are a way to Include a force object and exclude another in the same time as Force Mode give u just one of this options ?

2 - Are we able to include (( Force )) and Exclude (( Attractor )) in the same time ?

Thanks In advance .

Old 01 January 2013   #11
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread