Displacement map...

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10 October 2012   #1
Displacement map...

Any idea how can I get a displacement map object in editable polygons...?


Old 10 October 2012   #2
use HN and a displace deformer. HN provides the subdivisions of the SPD displacements, and displace deformer to get the actual geometry changes. May not be 100% but pretty dang close. Finally use current state to object.
Quote: "Until you do what you believe in, how do you know whether you believe in it or not?" -Leo Tolstoy
Kai Pedersen
Old 10 October 2012   #3
Yes, thanks, it works, displace deformer did the same thing which I was trying with material. but I did not understand short form NH, SPD...!!!

Old 10 October 2012   #4
HN= Hyper NURB
SPD= Sub Pixel Displacement
Old 10 October 2012   #5

Old 10 October 2012   #6
Originally Posted by JeremyW: HN= Hyper NURB
SPD= Sub Pixel Displacement

SPD = Sub POLYGON Displacement....not pixel

Old 10 October 2012   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
Thread Closed share thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Society of Digital Artists

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.