attach to mospline segment

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2012
attach to mospline segment

Hey guys,

I was looking all over the internet to find a solution for the following but could not find it.
I have a kind off flowershape from mospline, the growmode is set to separate segments.
I would like to attach something to each separate segment and have it move toward the end.
If possible at all this would be a expresso job I guess, any recommendations?

Thanks a lot, Robert

10 October 2012
You can put the MoSpline in a Cloner set to Object mode.

Move_Along_MoSpline.zip

10 October 2012
Originally Posted by Darter: You can put the MoSpline in a Cloner set to Object mode.

Move_Along_MoSpline.zip

What a disappointment this is way to simple, I was hoping for a more elaborate solution.
Just kidding of course, great solution.
One problem though, I have a TP pBorn attached to the sphere but the cloned spheres don't emit the particles. Will try to find a solution but in the meantime if anyone has the answer I would be obliged.

Thanks a lot Darter for the great help.

Kind regards, Robert

10 October 2012
No worries, glad to help. You can use a Motion Graphics Data node to feed each clone's Position and Global Matrix into a corresponding PStorm node.

10 October 2012
Thanks a lot Darter, got it working now.

All the best, Robert

10 October 2012
@Darter
How on earth did you get your MoSpline to curve like that? I've tried to examine every parameter, but I cannot replicate it.

Edit: The answer was staring at me in the face. It's the spline on the Curve parameter. How embarrassingly obvious.

Last edited by eikonoklastes : 10 October 2012 at 02:30 PM.

10 October 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread