Some guy

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Björn Dirk Marl
Technical Design
Maxon Computer GmbH
Friedrichsdorf, Germany

Thumbs up Free Student Version CINEMA 4D R14 available

Latest Edition of Industry Leading 3D Software Application Offers Fully Functional Licenses to Help Animation and Design Students Fast-Track to Success.

MAXON today announced worldwide availability of a free, fully functional, Student Edition of CINEMA 4D R14. Today’s release marks an expanded global initiative to empower students with unrestricted access to the same tools professional 3D artists use to sharpen their skills, without budget constraints.

“MAXON remains committed to providing students and educators with easy-to-use 3D software tools and training that will help boost their creativity to the next level,” states Harald Egel, co-founder and CEO at MAXON. “Free access to our CINEMA 4D Student Edition promises to benefit students in various fields of study – graphic design, motion graphics, film, animation, architecture and product design. We are pleased to offer students this comprehensive introduction to the world of 3D and help them to fast-track their success and deliver professional results in the real world.”

The functionality in the free student edition of CINEMA 4D differs only slightly from the package used by professionals worldwide in their high-end productions. Students receive a special version of CINEMA 4D R14 Studio, including all features such as the physical render engine, Hair, MoGraph, Sketch and Toon, a powerful character animation toolset and libraries bursting with objects and materials.

MAXON also offers educational institutions very affordable pricing for CINEMA 4D Studio licenses. All files created with the student version are fully compatible with the commercial version.

The CINEMA 4D R14 Student Edition license is available to qualified students at institutions of higher learning. Students can register online and can quickly get started once their status has been verified. To make learning CINEMA 4D even easier and faster, we will also include numerous tutorials that cover various aspects of the application. MAXON’s own video training portal also offers hundreds of free English-language video tutorials at www.cineversity.com.

Further details about how to qualify for the CINEMA 4D R14 Student Edition are available at the MAXON site.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
soccerrprp
Trying to Learn 3D

Richard Perrine
Upper School Teacher
St. Petersburg, FL
USA

HOLY CRONOLI, that is fantastic!

Question. Will instructors get an equivalent opportunity for a free version? We are still using 10.5 in our school, but would love to try it out before making a commitment to the package.

Also, hate to add any question to this great offer, but why would I as an institution buy a lab license when I can take advantage of the free version offered? I mean, if we buy the lab version and a new version comes out, we will need to purchase the newer version. With this offer, we, as a legitimate institution, could simply ask our students to register for the newer, FREE version.

Thanks.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #3
Srek
Some guy

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Björn Dirk Marl
Technical Design
Maxon Computer GmbH
Friedrichsdorf, Germany

Sorry richard, i'm not with marketing or sales so i don't know the details of other academic offers. You should get in contact with your nearest Maxon office on this
Cheers
Björn

Old 09-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
soccerrprp
Trying to Learn 3D

Richard Perrine
Upper School Teacher
St. Petersburg, FL
USA

Srek,

Thank you. Will do.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #5
jimzepellin
Lord of the posts

James Leaburn
Bridge Officer
Dundee, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerrprp
HOLY CRONOLI, that is fantastic!

Also, hate to add any question to this great offer, but why would I as an institution buy a lab license when I can take advantage of the free version offered? I mean, if we buy the lab version and a new version comes out, we will need to purchase the newer version. With this offer, we, as a legitimate institution, could simply ask our students to register for the newer, FREE version.

Thanks.

I don't know the installation restrictions are for student but I have a feeling it will be one license one machine. This may be a problem if the students don't own a laptop that they could bring with them., I know most probably do but I'm sure there are some that don't. You may still need to get seats for all your machines.

C4D XL, ZBrush, Motion Builder

Old 09-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #6
soccerrprp
Trying to Learn 3D

Richard Perrine
Upper School Teacher
St. Petersburg, FL
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimzepellin
I don't know the installation restrictions are for student but I have a feeling it will be one license one machine. This may be a problem if the students don't own a laptop that they could bring with them., I know most probably do but I'm sure there are some that don't. You may still need to get seats for all your machines.

Of course. It is likely that computers in a network would not be eligible considering the app may "detect" multiple, but differently registered copies. I'll ask...

Thanks.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #7
LucentDreams
lover of gophers

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Kai Pedersen
Lighting TD
Double Negative
Vancouver, Canada

haha the problem with students that have laptops, at VFS I struggle to get students to use their 8 core 12gb ram systems instead of their little macbook pros

Old 10-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #8
Madcar
Veteran

portfolio
marc sunn
Greece

only for student? its not for apprentices?

Old 10-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #9
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread