VP free Maxwell/Cinema training

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2012
VP free Maxwell/Cinema training

Hi folks

I am happy to announce I was hired by NextLimit to develop a comprehensive training course for Maxwell render in Cinema 4D. As a result, all Cinema 4D+Maxwell render users, and ones that are yet to become users, can view this free 3 hour long training course on NextLimit Vimeo channel. Training covers all the aspects of Maxwell and Cinema 4D integration, and as usual with all Vertex Pusher trainings, is deep and comprehensive.

Here is the LINK

Here is the lesson outline:

01. Intro
02. Scene scale
03. Physical camera
04. Material editor
05. Measured materials
06. Custom materials
07. Custom materials 2
08. Custom materials 3
09. Emitters
10. Calibration
11. Displacement
12. Multilight

Hope you like it!

Cheers

09 September 2012
Thanks a lot.

These Tuts are excellent.

I am going to buy your subd modeling Tut because of that,

09 September 2012
Wonderful. Many thanks for this!

09 September 2012
You are most welcome - hope the tut demystifies common perception that Maxwell is very complicated, technical and geeky

Cheers

09 September 2012
Originally Posted by hsrdelic: You are most welcome - hope the tut demystifies common perception that Maxwell is very complicated, technical and geeky

Cheers

Maxwell is known to be not complicated i thought?

Pretty much any one who handled a DSLR camera before knows what all the settings do.

09 September 2012
For camera part that may be true to some extent, but you could argue that for any render engine that has physical camera paradigm. The more complex part is certainly material creation, units, render settings, unique features etc.

The area where most of the people have problems with Maxwell is understanding materials and their creation, since it is so different from biased engine material creation such as in Cinema Phyrender.

Cheers

09 September 2012
Thank you!! Looks great, I am very interested how Maxwell materials and scene scale works with Cinema 4D, so this is very useful. Thanks!

09 September 2012
oh thats great timing...i've just renewed my SLA and at same time upgraded my maxwell version....thanks for posting this...will take a look at it over the weekend...much appreciated.
i was just looking around for some info as getting a bit lost in the newness of everything.

Henry Moore

09 September 2012
just been working my way through these vids..they are great...a really nice pace to them, very very clear what more could you want...very impressed and i'm finding them very useful.
thanks.

Henry Moore

09 September 2012
Thanks . I am glad you liked them

I must say that I am surprised by the amount of positive feedback I received for this tut. Also, folks, please do note that I can't answer every single e-mail regarding this and that NextLimit is the owner of videos so any questions regarding me covering features in 2.7 (Grass) should be sent directly to them.

Cheers

09 September 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread