Solidchamfer 2.1 released

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  09 September 2012
I've set that up exactly and can't get it to work on even a simple level like in your video. I'll keep trying.
__________________
2014 Reel
Company website
Behance Portfolio
HyperactiveVR
I reject your reality and substitute my own
 
  09 September 2012
I think this doesn't work because the modifier is restricted only by selections, which I think is a bad thing as I often want to bevel all edges. Maybe it could be added that everything gets chamfered within the modifier until you restrict it?

cheers
brasc
__________________
brasco on vimeo
 
  09 September 2012
Originally Posted by Troyan: I've set that up exactly and can't get it to work on even a simple level like in your video. I'll keep trying.

Boole settings should be HQ, Create single object, Select intersections. Select all edges on both cubes. This worked for me.

Last edited by SilverCity : 09 September 2012 at 02:54 PM.
 
  09 September 2012
Originally Posted by SilverCity: Boole settings should be HQ, Create single object, Select intersections. Select all edges on both cubes. This worked for me.


I'll try that but that's way more effort than is in that video.
__________________
2014 Reel
Company website
Behance Portfolio
HyperactiveVR
I reject your reality and substitute my own
 
  09 September 2012
Originally Posted by SilverCity: Boole settings should be HQ, Create single object, Select intersections. Select all edges on both cubes. This worked for me.


Got it to work with all of these settings, but then my responsiveness on 2 simple cubes dropped to where they would disappear when I'd move a cube and then update with everything in the final resting place. Definitely not the responsiveness I'm seeing in the video. I'd have to agree with Brasco, if it's possible to bevel all edges in the modifier, that would be the way to go.
__________________
2014 Reel
Company website
Behance Portfolio
HyperactiveVR
I reject your reality and substitute my own
 
  09 September 2012
Chamfering based on a threshold angle would also be great.

Rui Batista
__________________
http://www.ruimac.com
http://www.ruimac.com/demoreel.htm
http://www.ruimac.com/plugins.htm
 
  09 September 2012
Originally Posted by rui_mac: Chamfering based on a threshold angle would also be great.

Rui Batista

I think, as was mentioned before, that some of the features in Chamfer Maker would be nice to have in SolidChamfer. As a workaround, using Select>Phong Break Selection makes edge selection easier.
 
  09 September 2012
Originally Posted by Troyan: Got it to work with all of these settings, but then my responsiveness on 2 simple cubes dropped to where they would disappear when I'd move a cube and then update with everything in the final resting place. Definitely not the responsiveness I'm seeing in the video. I'd have to agree with Brasco, if it's possible to bevel all edges in the modifier, that would be the way to go.


Attached is scenefile showing a setup like the one used in the video, hope this helps.

Thanks for the feature suggestions everybody! I'm taking notes for upcoming releases of the plugin.

Best regards
/Filip
Attached Files
File Type: zip BooleExample.zip (6.2 KB, 26 views)
 
  09 September 2012
hi,
I've installed the plugin on cinema4d r14 demo, but every time i try to use solidchamfer modifier
c4d crash.
 
  09 September 2012
Originally Posted by paulmara: hi,
I've installed the plugin on cinema4d r14 demo, but every time i try to use solidchamfer modifier
c4d crash.


Could you post or send me a scene file where this happens? (pfmalmberg [at] gmail [dot] +com )

Best regards
/Filip
 
  09 September 2012
Originally Posted by rui_mac: Chamfering based on a threshold angle would also be great.

Rui Batista


Add my Vote. This is missing. I use chamfermaker nearly in every case with this mode.
__________________
____
Cinema 4D Studio MSA, Zbrush, CS6, 3DCoat, Moi
Twitter: @holgerbiebrach
www.c4dStuff.com

HB_ModellingBundle
 
  09 September 2012
sorry, but it's the demo of c4d r14 so i can't save the file.
 
  09 September 2012
Originally Posted by paulmara: sorry, but it's the demo of c4d r14 so i can't save the file.


Sent you a PM.

/Filip
 
  09 September 2012
Originally Posted by HolgerBiebrach: Add my Vote. This is missing. I use chamfermaker nearly in every case with this mode.


me too and the option to include all subtools! at the moment working with chamfer maker isn´t as precise as with solidchamfer, but it beats solidchamfer in its speed. you don´t need no selection tags or selections and if you change your model the threshold mode fits it once.
 
  09 September 2012
Originally Posted by Filip: Attached is scenefile showing a setup like the one used in the video, hope this helps.

Thanks for the feature suggestions everybody! I'm taking notes for upcoming releases of the plugin.

Best regards
/Filip


Ok, I had my subdivisions set too high. Lowering them down to 2 or 3 and I get nice responsiveness.

Thanks Filip.
__________________
2014 Reel
Company website
Behance Portfolio
HyperactiveVR
I reject your reality and substitute my own
 
Thread Closed share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.