Solidchamfer 2.1 released

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2012
i can´t buy via paypal, are there any problems?

best regards

09 September 2012
The first release has been amazeballs for archviz work, this looks even more useful. Committing too early was always a problem, especially if you wanted changes, but this solves that issue perfectly.

09 September 2012
Originally Posted by realmoe: i can´t buy via paypal, are there any problems?

best regards

If you are having problems with your purchase, please contact me via email (pfmalmberg at gmail.com) and we'll sort it out.

/Filip

09 September 2012
Originally Posted by rui_mac: I had downloaded the demo sometime ago.
Now, when I try to use this demo, even if I type DEMO in the serialization box, I get an error telling me:

Sorry, but your serial number for 'SolidChamfer2.0' has expired

How can I test this demo?

Rui Batista

Another solution is to test it in a demo version of c4d, then you can use the plugin unrestricted for as long as you like.

/Filip

09 September 2012
Is there any video demonstrating the use of the plugin?

Just downloaded the demo and am giving it a go. Does the new modifier only work in parent-child mode? Is it possible to work in peer mode with multiple modifiers and selection sets for a single object? Or is that functionality for a future release.

Great plugin and a definite buy!

09 September 2012
Since I can't test it out, I would love to see a demo video. Would anyone be able to do it?

09 September 2012
Originally Posted by Jim-H: Is there any video demonstrating the use of the plugin?

Just downloaded the demo and am giving it a go. Does the new modifier only work in parent-child mode? Is it possible to work in peer mode with multiple modifiers and selection sets for a single object? Or is that functionality for a future release.

Great plugin and a definite buy!

For now, only one selection set is possible. I'm working right now on a user guide, explaining the operation of the plugin.

Best regards
/Filip

09 September 2012
great update...funktion for phong angle (which you could set manually) (a la chamfermaker) would be perfect

09 September 2012
Is there a possibility of creating a version that works dynamically with booleans? So as you boolean a sphere from a cube, let's say, the intersecting edges are rounded?
HyperactiveVR
I reject your reality and substitute my own

09 September 2012
Originally Posted by Troyan: Is there a possibility of creating a version that works dynamically with booleans? So as you boolean a sphere from a cube, let's say, the intersecting edges are rounded?

That's possible with the current version. See this example:

http://vimeo.com/40390021

There are some limitations to this technique, and it doesn't play well with complex geometry. But in simple cases it works just fine!

/Filip

09 September 2012
Crashes everytime i try and use it on OSX 10.8.2 using R14.025
www.policarpo.us
Policarpo.Prints

09 September 2012
Originally Posted by williamsburroughs: Crashes everytime i try and use it on OSX 10.8.2 using R14.025

Sent you a PM.

/Filip

09 September 2012
Slick plugin that does something relatively simple that we've all wanted in C4D for 10+ years, congrats! Will be purchasing shortly!

09 September 2012
Finally a decent bevel/chamfer solution, thank you.
Awesome, especially with the generator option. I bought it

09 September 2012
Originally Posted by Filip: That's possible with the current version. See this example:

http://vimeo.com/40390021

There are some limitations to this technique, and it doesn't play well with complex geometry. But in simple cases it works just fine!

/Filip

I've set that up exactly and can't get it to work on even a simple level like in your video. I'll keep trying.

EDIT: Ok, my bad. That's not in this version I have . Too many plugins and work at once

EDIT: Wrong again. Should be working in this version and isn't for me.
HyperactiveVR
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Last edited by Troyan : 09 September 2012 at 02:00 PM.

Thread Closed share thread