Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 09-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #1
Leopard1975
portfolio
Richard van Toorn
Biddinghuizen, Netherlands

Bike modeling

Hi all,

Since I did the Fokker tutorial of Pavel Zoch, I got addicted to his style of modeling. Recently he has been working on a new serie for beginners. The first part is recently published. Because I think this is also a great tutorial, i would like to give my review of the tut. And post my WIP's of course.

For more information you can contact Pavel (username PZDM).

C4D explained from the ground up. This part consists of 17 video's in which the basics of the program are handled.

Video 1 to 8: Intro

These first chapters handle the very basic of the program. All parts of the interface are briefly explained, where their location is and what they do. Pavel also
demonstrates where and how you can change the user preferences to set C4D to your personal wishes. Very handy item: The shortcuts, which are used a lot once
you start modeling. The various types of managers are shortly mentioned, they will be explained in detail during the rest of the tutorial series.

Second, some basic of 3D modeling are explained. Definition of a parametric object, polygons, edges and points. Also the difference between triangles, quads and
n-gons. These subjects are a must to understand the theory behind 3D in general.

Video 9 and 10: Splines

In these 2 video's all types of splines are explained, plus the difference between them. You learn when to use what sort of spline for your modeling.

Video 11 to 14: NURBS

Each type of NURB is demonstrated with an example to give you an impression how NURBS can help you model your object. Various details in the NURBS settings are
explained and advised.

Video 15 to 17: Reference and modeling

A start is made with the main topic of the tutorial series, the modeling of a bike. Setting up the reference pictures and beginning of the actual modeling.
In steps the wheel is being modeled by splines according to the reference picture. Usefull techniques like using the array and symmetry are demonstrated. At
the end of video 17 the main part of the wheel is finished.

General impression:

Pavel Zoch created a very useful tutorial for the absolute beginner. Step by step he takes you through the program. Therefore the explanation and modeling speed
are suitable for beginners, more advanced users will likely skip this first part. Although some very nice background information is told during the tut.
Like in most of his tutorials, Pavel not only demonstrates but also explains why some actions/settings are necessary. That is a huge advantage compared to the
numerous tutorials you can find on the net.

Looking forward to the next part!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wheel_0001b.jpg (41.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Wheel_0002b.jpg (48.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Wheel_0003b.jpg (29.9 KB, 7 views)

Old 09-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #2
Leopard1975
portfolio
Richard van Toorn
Biddinghuizen, Netherlands

In case you would like to see the introduction of the tutorial:

https://vimeo.com/48748248

Old 09-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #3
pzdm
Expert

portfolio
Pavel Zoch
Maxon CINEMA 4D certified instructor, freelancer
Prague, Beroun, Czech Republic

the final shot

Hi there

here are two final shots of the bike, the serie will cover all of the stuff. The main goal is, show how to make something without the "modeling master skill". You need understand the application only :-).

and here is the "product shot"

And here is my older on the bike! GO Robert GO!

CINEMA 4D "semi"-unbiased rendering tutorial

http://www.c4d.cz

Old 09-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #4
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread