Moving parents w/o children - Character Object

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2012
Question Moving parents w/o children - Character Object

This will be a doddle for all of you savvy with the Character Object, when in Adjust mode, how do I move the parent joint (e.g. Shoulder) without moving the children, it used to be ctrl+drag for general OM heirarchies, I know this changed in R13 but has it been replaced with another command?

cheers
brasc

09 September 2012
its hold down the '7' key now.

09 September 2012
My that's obscure if you don't know it, I punched in Move Parent into the help but it kept inding the Spy Operator. Anyway, thanks very much for the quick reply, it'll be a great help!

cheers
brasc

09 September 2012
Originally Posted by brasco: My that's obscure if you don't know it, I punched in Move Parent into the help but it kept inding the Spy Operator. Anyway, thanks very much for the quick reply, it'll be a great help!

cheers
brasc

Some things may not work with that though. That's usually due to the fact that they are not actual children, but constrained in such a way that they behave as such. But because they are not physical children the 7 key won't work.

So just as a heads up.

09 September 2012
Thanks Bret, I guess you'd know better than most where it would work and not
But it seems to be working fine when adjusting the Advanced Biped template, just getting accustomed to it. Thanks for the heads up and for your weighting tut I'm watching on Cineversity right now

cheers
brasc

09 September 2012
Originally Posted by brasco: Thanks Bret, I guess you'd know better than most where it would work and not
But it seems to be working fine when adjusting the Advanced Biped template, just getting accustomed to it. Thanks for the heads up and for your weighting tut I'm watching on Cineversity right now

cheers
brasc

I don't remember, but I reckon, the Hips and Chest handles won't work properly(I believe the neck will follow the chest even with 7 pressed) and the pelvis MAY still follow the hips. I'd guess that is the majority of them.

09 September 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread