Cinema R14 release for MSA subscribers - answer

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2012
Cinema R14 release for MSA subscribers - answer

Hi all -

I heard from Steve Ridley, the Manager of Direct Sales at Maxon, about the R14 release for MSA subscribers. Here is his answer about my question about how that's going to be delivered to MSA customers:

Quote: R14 is being delivered via email, starting today. You will receive it by September 15 at the latest, but likely much sooner. (The official policy is 'within 30 days of public release'.)

Also, keep an eye on your spam folder in case it trips that off. Can't wait!

09 September 2012
This is for US customers only I guess.
In Europe, CINEMA 4D is not a download, it is shipped physically with a box. Even for MSA customers.

09 September 2012
Could very well be. Steve didn't elaborate on that point, and I didn't ask for clarification. I'm guessing you're right, though, if EU customers are shipped their software instead of downloaded. US customers are download-only by default.

09 September 2012
The release is probably alphabetically... I am glad my Name is not Zaphod ZZezinsky...
Rainer

09 September 2012
I'm going to see if they'll ship me a box just for my bookshelf - I love digital distribution and not having to keep track of CDs/DVDs, but I love those big box software packages for some reason - makes the price of admission feel a bit more substantial.

09 September 2012
Smile

Originally Posted by LemonNado: The release is probably alphabetically... I am glad my Name is not Zaphod ZZezinsky...

Actually it's by customer id - so people who have been in our database the longest are getting it first.

09 September 2012
We recieved it yesterday here in Germany.

Cheers
Simon

09 September 2012
Received MSA Download Link - US

Hi,

Just got the DL link and my temp # for OS X R14.
12:00 PM (MST) Mountain Standard Time
7.06 GB DL + 3.1 GB for Goodies

/ron

09 September 2012
Originally Posted by RickBarrett:

Actually it's by customer id - so people who have been in our database the longest are getting it first.

Great, so I'm screwed either way since I bought my MSA at 11:59 on September 3!

Zaphod ZZezinsky

09 September 2012
I can report that I got mine this afternoon and the DL was snappy. Thanks Rick for the updates - looking forward to diving right in.

09 September 2012
Originally Posted by RickBarrett:

Thanks for the clarification, Rick. So I'll wait patiently. Mostly.

09 September 2012
Got it! And yes, the download worked rather quickly despite it's scary size.
Now... there's a weekend coming up 8).
Rainer

09 September 2012
Originally Posted by PhoenixCG: Great, so I'm screwed either way since I bought my MSA at 11:59 on September 3!

Zaphod ZZezinsky

Not exactly, I assume you bought a non msa version prior, it'd be from the first time you bought, from Maxon Computer, well technically not even bought but the first time they added you to the customer database, so a support problem, a demo version, quote, etc, not simply when you purchased an msa.

According to the maxon database I'd be considered an old timer, wheres that hunched over smilie with a can when you need it.

09 September 2012
Originally Posted by LucentDreams: Not exactly, I assume you bought a non msa version prior, it'd be from the first time you bought, from Maxon Computer, well technically not even bought but the first time they added you to the customer database, so a support problem, a demo version, quote, etc, not simply when you purchased an msa.

According to the maxon database I'd be considered an old timer, wheres that hunched over smilie with a can when you need it.

I was joking, check the name at the bottom of my post and then compare it to LemoNado's first post.

I've been with Maxon since R11 and I re-upped last years MSA on August 1, 2012. I'm eager to get my Studio R14 email, but as long as I get it before the weekend it "probably" won't kill me.

09 September 2012
I got my perminate serial number from Maxon and looking at the email I was supprised how long I have been using the program. My memory must be failing, but was nice to remember how far it has come.

Steve Shook

Thread Closed share thread