R14 announced

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2012   #61
Congrats on the new release!

Old 08 August 2012   #62
Congrats on the great release, MAXON!!! R14 is full of great features and enhancements.

Old 08 August 2012   #63
says it can be baking the sculpt to lower-polygon geometry.
questions:
- You can burn the sculpt also illumination? (GI, shadows, etc)
- You can use this function with any geometry or only for lower-polygon sculpt geometry to?

Thank you.

Old 08 August 2012   #64
Update looks good, any chance of someone posting some wood shader examples and dialogue screen grabs. Also are the expresso enhancements just cosmetic?

Old 08 August 2012   #65
Is the new camera match thing similar to Photomatch ?

I'm still quite sad about the lack of upgraded bevels and retarget tags... The rest looks nice indeed.

Old 08 August 2012   #66
Sculpting? Woah. Didn't see that coming.

Interested in testing out these new features ...

"The new Motion Camera, Morph Camera and Camera Composition Helper tools in R14 help to quickly frame a 3D scene following artistic rules or easily create realistic and dynamic camera animations while the new Camera Focus Picker gives users control to interactively set focus distances."

Old 08 August 2012   #67
Originally Posted by popedead: says it can be baking the sculpt to lower-polygon geometry.
questions:
- You can burn the sculpt also illumination? (GI, shadows, etc)
- You can use this function with any geometry or only for lower-polygon sculpt geometry to?

Thank you.

Baking is from High to low with in the tag.
For baking to arbitrary objects you will want to utilize something like xnormal.

Old 08 August 2012   #68
Congratulations on the new release. And thanks for the hard work you've clearly put into the new features. I look forward to trying them out.

Now I've never been a whinger at a new release. But I'm a little disappointed not to see a new material creation/editing system in the list. We now have access to the most powerful renderers out there. And some great noise/proceedural shaders. But we really should have a node based system for building our materials. Frankly, it's overdue.

But hey, maybe it's in there and I just missed it!

@WillMacNeil_VFX

Old 08 August 2012   #69
Originally Posted by marshalartist: Update looks good, any chance of someone posting some wood shader examples and dialogue screen grabs. Also are the expresso enhancements just cosmetic?

Aside cosmetic changes, there are some new nodes (Dynamics related), track node, and you can now drag a parameter from OM onto a node to create ports. Also, there is performance view now

Wood shader:

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wood_shader.jpg (57.1 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg Wood_quickie.jpg (60.9 KB, 256 views)

Old 08 August 2012   #70
Originally Posted by marshalartist: any chance of someone posting some wood shader

wood shader

Old 08 August 2012   #71
Congratulations! A great mix of enhancements for C4D. Especially nice to incorporate
the motion cam plugin and calibration tool. thumbs up for sculpting - never ever expected to see that in c4d.
Just one question: Can you change the way you want to see a selected object? I would rather prefer the old "bounding box" then the new "Outline" Mode, cause IMHO I think it would distract me a lot from how the actual geometry looks while working on it.
cheers,
squirrel

Last edited by Squirrel : 08 August 2012 at 09:24 PM.

Old 08 August 2012   #72
Yes, you can simply turn of the outlines.

Old 08 August 2012   #73
Originally Posted by hsrdelic: Yes, you can simply turn of the outlines.

That´s great!

Old 08 August 2012   #74
Okay some pretty cool stuff, to bad you can't hit everyone's wish list every year huh!

All my favorites ~ Cinema 4D R13, After Effects, Photoshop CS5, Lightroom, Photomatic

Old 08 August 2012   #75
I'm curious about what improvements have been made with After Effects integration. Once page mentions direct import of native c4d files, another only mentions export, which is something that can happen now.

Can anyone elaborate on what is actually new with the C4D<->AE pipeline?
OSX 10.10.5
C4D R18 Studio/CC/VizRT
Will's Works

Thread Closed share thread