R14 announced

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2012   #31
Originally Posted by c4d-jack: Or like zooming to mouse cursor or H and S shortcuts in the XPresso editor.
Or like the "Distribute Knots" function in the Gradient GUI.

Or the Xpresso performance view that allows you to identify problems and bottlenecks

Old 08 August 2012   #32
Originally Posted by Srek: Or the Xpresso performance view that allows you to identify problems and bottlenecks

and caustics are now about 5 times fast to render

Old 08 August 2012   #33
I can't wait for a demo version to play with, looking like the best release ever!

Old 08 August 2012   #34
Join us for Cineversity Live at 11am Pacific Time today for a live look at the new features.

live.cineversity.com

We'll also preview some of the great presentations you'll see next week at SIGGRAPH, streaming live at c4dlive.com

Old 08 August 2012   #35
2 Questions.

Is snapping accessible in Python? I'd like to add snapping functionality to my PrimitiveSketch plugin but don't really want to rewrite it in C++

I see lots of xref updates. Do X-refs in R14 allow you to use xrefs in a scene without including all the point data and greatly increasing file size?

I will say I'm still shocked about the lack of updated bevel tool. Just hire the quadchamfer guy.

Old 08 August 2012   #36
this release looks very cool. cant wait!

Old 08 August 2012   #37
are all the videos going to be put on youtube? the maxon site is getting hammered

Old 08 August 2012   #38
Congratulations! Looks like a great release. I am very excited by the Camera Matching tool. The snapping functions look perfect.

Old 08 August 2012   #39
Originally Posted by squidinc: are all the videos going to be put on youtube? the maxon site is getting hammered

the vids will be on Cineversity shortly.

Old 08 August 2012   #40
Videos are up now on Cineversity. I'm super excited about this release!

Old 08 August 2012   #41
Originally Posted by RickBarrett: Join us for Cineversity Live at 11am Pacific Time today for a live look at the new features.

live.cineversity.com

We'll also preview some of the great presentations you'll see next week at SIGGRAPH, streaming live at c4dlive.com

QFA

Also check https://www.cineversity.com/vidplay...n_cinema_4d_r14

We have the overview videos up on the Cineversity servers for all to see!
No Sign up necessary!

Old 08 August 2012   #42
It's a great release, and as some people already pointed out, there are many small improvements that really do a lot. Even if you don't like some of the big new features, I'm sure you'll love some of the smaller things.

I made a video about some of my favourites: http://vimeo.com/46751403

Old 08 August 2012   #43
Great release!

I doubt that anyone will be disappointed due to many new features and enhancements. New workplane, guides and snapping are great, sculpting is dead simple and easy, rendering has been improved and there are numerous upgrades across the board. Some features that pop to mind and are practically not advertised are commander, Alembic support, camera calibrator, new shaders, to do tag, specular and specular color have been merged, SSS shader received upgrades, new xpresso nodes and design (I am so glad that you guys love the new design ), uniform brush size/strength gizmo for all related tools, PV enhancements, Xref upgrades and much, much more.
In my opinion, this is one of the best upgrades from Maxon and very stable as usual - congrats Maxon!

Cheers

Last edited by hsrdelic : 08 August 2012 at 03:15 PM.

Old 08 August 2012   #44
Looks great, congrats Maxon.

The new Aerodynamic Forces sound very promising, I'll miss tinkering with xpresso to do such things.

2 questions.

Did they increase the max supported cores?
Do GPU's in SLI make any difference in this release?

Old 08 August 2012   #45
Originally Posted by ThePriest: Did they increase the max supported cores?

The limit is 256 render threads.

Thread Closed share thread