Tools4D Texture Remapping Kit launched

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2012
>Does it work with Indigo for Cinema 4D?

I don't think so , as InDigo uses its own shading system. However, it works just fine with Vray and any other renderer that uses c4d shaders directly.

regards
Paul Everett
Tools4D.com

08 August 2012
Originally Posted by tapaul: >Does it work with Indigo for Cinema 4D?

I don't think so , as InDigo uses its own shading system. However, it works just fine with Vray and any other renderer that uses c4d shaders directly.

regards
Paul Everett
Tools4D.com

Well, it can been done, it's not nice nor pretty but the good news are Cinema/Indigo has the tools to do it

08 August 2012
Btw how does one magnify the points as in the video?

08 August 2012
>Btw how does one magnify the points as in the video?

in the Remapping tool, under "Tool Display", there is an option "Zoombox". enable that and the next time you move a point you will see the zoombox in the editor view.

regards
Paul Everett
www.Tools4D.com

08 August 2012
I have also added a new shader to this package called the "Instance shader" (for the next update)

For example. you have a forest of trees.built from one tree. The problem, the trees all look the same.
solution, the Tools4D Instance shader. This allows you to modify things like hue or saturation per instance. so from your 10000 trees, not one of them will be the same.
Anywhere where you are using lots of instances and things are looking monotone , use the instance shader. in effect it is like having a different material derivative , for each individual instanced object.

Insert some imagination and this one shader is giving you a new way to get things done.

cheers
Paul Everett
Tools4D.com

08 August 2012
Originally Posted by tapaul: I have also added a new shader to this package called the "Instance shader" (for the next update)....
Insert some imagination and this one shader is giving you a new way to get things done.

Indeed. A great addition to what is already a very handy toolset!

08 August 2012
That sounds like a top feature Paul thanks cant wait to give it a test drive. Will that also work with vray instances/proxy?

Have you had any time to investigate using different tile sizes? So maintaining the proportions of the source images to create a pattern? I imagine its a big ask to try and do this on both the X and Y axis but perhaps its easier to do by just restricting the randomness to one axis - like planks on a floor.

Cheers, Rob

08 August 2012

..with the instance shader

...without the instance shader

that is just one tree with no textures , just a green color on the leaves.Instanced several thousand times. The shading is being applied by the instance shader and takes seconds to set up.

With a bit more effort and fiddling a talented artist(not me) could come up with a decent forest just by choosing the right colors and fiddling a bit

regards
Paul Everett
www.Tools4D.com

Last edited by tapaul : 08 August 2012 at 10:39 AM.

08 August 2012
>Will that also work with vray instances/proxy?
it should do.but if anyone anyone has vray and has already purchased the remapping kit, give me a shout , we can try it out (win64 for testing please)

>Have you had any time to investigate using different tile sizes?
It is possible. you can already do variable bricks, in horizontal axis , but I want to extend this a further and have some ideas.

regards
Paul

08 August 2012
Yeah I can test it out for you Paul. I've got both.

08 August 2012
Yes I can confirm it works with Vray proxies (render instances). Its a really great feature - much quicker and more flexible than the mograph multi shader as it generates infinite subtle colour changes with just a few slider tweaks. As Paul shows in his example perfect for forests. Thanks Paul and congrats!

08 August 2012
version 1.61 has been released and is now available in your dropbox folder.

this version contains the latest Instance shader.The instance shader easily gives you infinate derivatives of any given shader.

with

without

the plugins can be purchased here..

cheers
Paul Everett
www.Tools4D.com

Last edited by tapaul : 08 August 2012 at 02:44 PM.

08 August 2012
Originally Posted by tapaul: >Will that also work with vray instances/proxy?
it should do.but if anyone anyone has vray and has already purchased the remapping kit, give me a shout , we can try it out (win64 for testing please)

>Have you had any time to investigate using different tile sizes?
It is possible. you can already do variable bricks, in horizontal axis , but I want to extend this a further and have some ideas.

regards
Paul

Hello Paul,

When you are ready, I am willing to test this out under Maxwell Render and Mac. All the other parts of the shader package will work with Maxwell Render.

08 August 2012
Originally Posted by Continuumx: Hello Paul,

When you are ready, I am willing to test this out under Maxwell Render and Mac. All the other parts of the shader package will work with Maxwell Render.

I tested with Maxwell Render - does not seem to carry the material changes over.

08 August 2012
>maxwell
yes, its really up to the renderer to read the values from c4d. vray works , fine though , and that is the main third party renderer to support.

thanks for checking though.

Paul Everett
www.Tools4d.com

Thread Closed share thread