Tools4D Texture Remapping Kit launched

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2012
Thats great stuff Paul, this is looking really good - i'll hopefully order it tomorrow.

Now onto the next question! I can see you have managed to get it to work with multiple source images which is great. If there corresponding bump or spec maps that go with those randomly generated images is it possible to match each one up correctly? Say I have this in the colour channel with image A/B/C and I have in the bump channel; bump image A/B/C will it know that bump image A goes with image A?

Also is it possible to use different sized images that keep their proportions? for example random sized paving stones like the attached tegular pattern? All the examples so far use the same proportioned tile but randomly sized ones would be extremely useful for creating this sort of paving and also some wood floors and claddings that have random length boards. I imagine this could be trickier to get random sizes in all directions as a thought through pattern would be needed to fill in the gaps so to speak. however if it was limited to variation of sizes on one axis then it wouldnt matter as it would just place one random length after the other along one axis but the other axis would just be the same proportioned row - like in the tegular image?

Thanks for all you great work paul!
Rob

07 July 2012
Great update & very useful possibilitys !

Thanks

07 July 2012
> Say I have this in the colour channel with image A/B/C and I have in the bump channel; >bump image A/B/C will it know that bump image A goes with image A?
yes, all you would need to do is firs set up the main shader , then copy and past it , into say the bump channel. then replace the individual template tiles , making sure that you place the right tile in the corresponding slot. That could be automated for sure in another updated, if we can agree on some naming conventions.

>Also is it possible to use different sized images that keep their proportions?

not currently, they will all be scaled to one unit, however , I think it should be possible with some effort. Perhaps by having the shader choose the most approprate image for an area, by aspect.will have to see how to do that cleanly without too much interface.

>randomly sized ones would be extremely useful.
yes, im aware of the need for that and im looking into how to best add it in there.Baring in mind that the Random tile shader was not intended for this sort of thing at all, this is all afterthought.But that doesnt mean it cant happen I did a mondoriaan shader a while back , so maybe just borrow some ideas from that.

>Thanks for all you great work paul!

and I thank you (and all the others) for your support.

regards
Paul Everett
Tools4D.com

07 July 2012
off-topic:

where can I cop the Mondrian shader? - I did a google search, but no valid hits.

07 July 2012
Thanks Paul, finally got round to purchasing. Looking forward to getting my serial to give it a spin. I really hope you can work out a way to get different size images to retain their size/proportions as that will open up a whole load of opportunities. I appreciate it wasnt your original intention but I think you have started a great thing!

Cheers
Rob

07 July 2012
Hi Paul any chance you could send me the drop box link I didnt get it through with my serial. Many thanks, rob

07 July 2012
>dropbox link.
I already sent you one to the mail you used with the order (its automated)

i just sent again , just incase , if you still dont get anything, send me another email addy.

regards
Paul Everett
Tools4D.com

07 July 2012
Ah just thinking about it I think its a problem with my account - my friend has tried to dropbox me before but I never recieved the email. Please could you send it to my hotmail account - ive emailed you at your 'serials' email. Thanks

08 August 2012
hi paul,is it possible to add a aspect ratio feature for the uv mapping tool? eg. if you want a 16:9 ratio you type in and get a rectangle which you can scale rotate and move on the canvas?

08 August 2012
there is already an option in the Template Tiles tab , to set the aspect.

eg, you enter 16/9 and it coverts that to 1.778 reducing the height of the tiles accordingly.

regards
Paul Everett
Tools4D.com

08 August 2012
I am definitely getting this. It looks fantastic. Well done Paul.

08 August 2012
Perfect for a project I'm working on that requires lots of carpet tiles to be dispersed in a random and organic fashion.

Just to confirm, this works consistently across NET without flipping or changing tiles yes?

Thanks,

RenderFriend - a render farm for growing happy pixels
C4D, Vray, 3DS Max, After Effects, Modo, Blender...

08 August 2012
>Just to confirm, this works consistently across NET without flipping or changing tiles yes?

yes

08 August 2012
Thank you, I look forward to using it and putting it on the network.

RenderFriend - a render farm for growing happy pixels
C4D, Vray, 3DS Max, After Effects, Modo, Blender...

08 August 2012
Does it work with Indigo for Cinema 4D?

Thread Closed share thread