Cinema4D generated sci-fi film 'Cycle'

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2012   #16
impressive

I would love to know how much of this film has humans in...
If I had 78mins to fill I think my film would be called "pretty space cubes".
It is rendered in Vray or C4D itself?

Old 05 May 2012   #17
For the whole 78 minutes we follow one man and everything he does. Unfortunately I could not fill any shots with only cubes but the idea is not so bad
I've used the C4D renderer, I felt there was no need to use Vray. The C4D AR solution is a lot more robust option and combined with the C4D material editor and lights it can't be beaten by any render engine even outside the C4D realm if you're NOT using GI. One of the main reasons for for me to use C4D was its standard render engine. I have about 10 years of experience with render engines from Mental Ray to Vray, I've even considered 3delight. You can get the quality out of most these but then you have to face the bigger render times and most especially the extensive work that you have to put into the render asset management. It is the latter where I was able to cut corners with AR while at the same time I was able hold the quality I needed.

Old 05 May 2012   #18
Very Nice. I love the Space Odyssey moment

Old 02 February 2013   #19
It's been quite a long time since I last wrote here but I the great news is that Cycle finally made it to the cinemas. For the time being it's only out in Hungary since the 21th of February but it's a start anyway. It's a painfully slow process to get an independent film being shown anywhere but I'll keep you updated.
In the last 8 months or so I've managed to render out the right camera so Cycle is now actually 3D and is currently shown in 3D at the cinemas. It also has a full Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack now so I guess I can call the last year a huge leapforward for Cycle. It is something I can call a film now. I guess this makes Cycle the first ever homemade stereo 3D CG feature that made the big screen - made with C4D, rendered on 7 PCs and at least in last 2 years it's been fully self produced on a zero budget.

Here are some links just to keep them remembered:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2251275/

www.facebook.com/cyclethemovie

www.cycle-themovie.com

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/c...ack/id523847601

Old 02 February 2013   #20
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread