[Plugin-Preview] Flow-Cut and Extrude-Poly-Along-Spline

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  03 March 2012
[Plugin-Preview] Flow-Cut and Extrude-Poly-Along-Spline

Hi,

i've been working on some smaller plugins, first one is a new EdgeCut Tool, that automatically adjusts the new edges to the mesh-flow:

Flow-Cut Test


The other one is pretty much like the old extrudeAlongSpline Plugin,
but with a couple added features and full interactive Modelling workflow.
In short it allows you to extrude polygons along a given input spline:

Extrude-Poly-Along-Spline Test


These are still under development, just wanted to post a little preview here to get some feedback

Also i have not yet decided if they will become stand-alone plugins when finished,
or if i will add them to my PaintOnSurface & PolyPaint Plugin
I guess I'll decide when they are finished ;-)

greets,
Daniel
__________________
http://www.dns-plugins.de
 
  03 March 2012
That looks great Daniel.. :-)

I'll post it on the Lounge as well.


Peace,
Rich_Art.
__________________
Retired Cinema4D Guru


 
  03 March 2012
alright thx Rich

Originally Posted by Rich-Art: That looks great Daniel.. :-)

I'll post it on the Lounge as well.


Peace,
Rich_Art.
__________________
http://www.dns-plugins.de
 
  03 March 2012
Flowcut looks great. It's like something from Per & Paul's Mesh Surgery, but I can't remember what they called it.
 
  03 March 2012
Long time user of paint on surface, so really excited to see some new stuff by this developer. Flow cut is a huge time saver, I've having to do this manually all the time. The extrude spline things is crazy too, wouldn't use it a lot but what a great modeling tool for abstract and fantasy stuff. You could really get creative with it, especially with all the abstract stuff going on these days. It never ceases to amaze me what people come up with. Looking forward to these!
 
  03 March 2012
I'd love to see flow cut offered as a stand-alone like, say, Solidchamfer because I think it's audience could be very broad.
No reason it couldn't be added to one your your other plugs as well though.
__________________
Cinema 4D R17 Studio, VRAYforC4D, Z Brush, Mudbox, Photoshop CS6.
 
  03 March 2012
Flowcut looks pretty cool. It would be nice to have the ability to make multiple cuts at once with a choice of even spacing or user defined spacing.

EPAS also looks really useful.

Good Stuff!
__________________
Mac Pro 12 x 2.6 GHz 64GB Quadro K5000
OSX 10.10.4
MacBook Pro 4 x 2.3GHz 16GB GeForce GT 750M
OSX 10.10.5
C4D R18 Studio/CC/VizRT
Will's Works

Last edited by GruvDOne : 03 March 2012 at 07:59 PM.
 
  03 March 2012
Originally Posted by AdamT: Flowcut looks great. It's like something from Per & Paul's Mesh Surgery, but I can't remember what they called it.

It was called SuperFlange (you can still see a few videos of it on the Mesh Surgery website http://www.thirdpartyplugins.com/meshsurgery pretty much only the archive footage videos at the bottom work at this point), C4D had this before any other app. We also had a sculpting brush that changed mesh density as it went long before Sculptris existed and quite a few other little innovations.

Anyhow, good job on these plugins bellaLugosi! I'm sure many users will be happy to see them
__________________
The Third Party | Homepage | My Reel
"You need to know what you're doing before you start, and to start because you need what you're doing."
 
  03 March 2012
Thanks Per!

I'm aware from this Thread that you had this functionality in your excellent MeshSurgery Plugin as well, so i hope you dont mind me picking up the idea having my way with it ;-)

I guess you'd make a lot of people happy with a remake of MS, so any plans for that ?


cheers,
Daniel




Originally Posted by Per-Anders: It was called SuperFlange (you can still see a few videos of it on the Mesh Surgery website http://www.thirdpartyplugins.com/meshsurgery pretty much only the archive footage videos at the bottom work at this point), C4D had this before any other app. We also had a sculpting brush that changed mesh density as it went long before Sculptris existed and quite a few other little innovations.

Anyhow, good job on these plugins bellaLugosi! I'm sure many users will be happy to see them
__________________
http://www.dns-plugins.de
 
  03 March 2012
Originally Posted by GruvDOne: .. It would be nice to have the ability to make multiple cuts at once with a choice of even spacing or user defined spacing.


thanks, I'll put that on the list ;-)
__________________
http://www.dns-plugins.de
 
  03 March 2012
Yeah these look great, I miss EAS too - nice!
__________________
Cinema R15, MacOS X 10.9, iMac & MacBook Pro
www.sector3.com.au
www.3sprockets.com
www.trickstargames.com
 
  03 March 2012
Both plugins would be very useful for me, especially Flow-Cut. Can't wait to get this!
 
  03 March 2012
Originally Posted by bellaLugosi: Thanks Per!

I'm aware from this Thread that you had this functionality in your excellent MeshSurgery Plugin as well, so i hope you dont mind me picking up the idea having my way with it ;-)

I guess you'd make a lot of people happy with a remake of MS, so any plans for that ?


cheers,
Daniel

Oh yes, absolutely go for it. I don't have time at the moment to remake Mesh Surgery and I'm sure a lot of people will be extremely happy to have this functionality back again
__________________
The Third Party | Homepage | My Reel
"You need to know what you're doing before you start, and to start because you need what you're doing."
 
  11 November 2012
any news on this little gem?

would love to hear something


cheers
__________________

 
  11 November 2012
These look great.
 
Thread Closed share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.