Old school TWEAK plugin for r13?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2012   #1
Old school TWEAK plugin for r13?

Anyone know if a plugin that works like the old tweak mode in r12, but is for r13.

Strange that they got rid of that workflow. It was so fast to use.

Old 03 March 2012   #2
If you are in translate, rotate or scale mode (and have nothing selected) then when you hover over an element (vert, face or edge), that element will highlight and you can tweak it.

Basically it is always in tweak mode as long as you have nothing selected
www.trickstargames.com

Old 03 March 2012   #3
It works in all modes, so you can tweak objects too in R13.

Old 03 March 2012   #4
I understand but it doesn't change modes automatically. It used to be when you hovered over an edge it would highlight, when clicked it would change to edge mode (same with vert and poly). Now you have to cycle through different modes.

Was the new method done for stability?

Old 03 March 2012   #5
As far as I can remember the old tweak mode did not support all tools, so if you wanted to use the knife tool you would need to switch anyway.
Personally I never touched the tweak mode, I would always end up using the magnet w. size of zero (still use this sometimes as you can use it in object mode to edit points so you can see an edge free version of your mesh while you tweak.)

Old 03 March 2012   #6
Was the new method done for stability?

No.

3DKiwi

Old 03 March 2012   #7
Then why was it changed?

Old 02 February 2013   #8
It's always fun to use the infamous Help-thingie. In several places it mentions Tweak mode, which apparently does not exist anymore. Wonder why they killed it as it was in R12 -I'm not sure what the "new" Tweak mode is all about.

Old 02 February 2013   #9
I dont understand why everyone is complaining about the new Tweakmode.
I find it so much easier an faster to use than the old one.
I just love the new way.
And I guess it was changed because it was considered to be better.
www.c4dStuff.com

HB_ModellingBundle

Old 02 February 2013   #10
I agree, it does what it is supposed to do, but to me Tweak mode was all about having points and edges and polys without going through all the modes, and that is gone. Sure the old tweak mode had issues with loop selections and whatnot but instead of trashing its power to automatically switch modes, it somehow could've been left there - as a legacy tool or something like that.

Old 02 February 2013   #11
Originally Posted by Hilt: I agree, it does what it is supposed to do, but to me Tweak mode was all about having points and edges and polys without going through all the modes, and that is gone. Sure the old tweak mode had issues with loop selections and whatnot but instead of trashing its power to automatically switch modes, it somehow could've been left there - as a legacy tool or something like that.

But another Question...do you tweak Polygons often? I only tweak Points or Objects. I Never tweak polygons and edges.
Is there any reason why you would tweak Polygons? ( you can also use soft selection in Tweakmode if you want a bigger area to be influenced)
www.c4dStuff.com

HB_ModellingBundle

Old 02 February 2013   #12
Where is this tweak mode in r14 ? I am another one who misses the old tweak mode. I also sometimes rather tweak edges instead of moving two points for the same result. Sometimes I am in point mode and I need to select edges to melt them and then quickly go back to point mode for further tweaking. I don't see any tweak mode in r14 and it does not change mode by hovering over elements in an object ????

Old 02 February 2013   #13
Originally Posted by oliveoyle: Where is this tweak mode in r14 ? I am another one who misses the old tweak mode. I also sometimes rather tweak edges instead of moving two points for the same result. Sometimes I am in point mode and I need to select edges to melt them and then quickly go back to point mode for further tweaking. I don't see any tweak mode in r14 and it does not change mode by hovering over elements in an object ????

The Tweak-mode in R14 is not like a Mode that you call from a Command or so...in R14 it works like that:
If you have nothing selected you are in tweak mode.

I find this very practical and good to work with. It works as mentioned in all Componentsmodes as in Objectmode.
www.c4dStuff.com

HB_ModellingBundle

Old 02 February 2013   #14
but i see nothing different. nothing changes when i hover over points, edges or polygons. i now have to always go and select the mode manually. that is not progress for me or makes any sense. unless i am doing something wrong or need to set something. we also can use a universal manipulator tool. always having to select move, rotate, scale, gets to be very tedious when one tool can do it. Other apps can do these things.

Last edited by oliveoyle : 02 February 2013 at 12:23 AM.

Old 02 February 2013   #15
Originally Posted by oliveoyle: Sometimes I am in point mode and I need to select edges to melt them and then quickly go back to point mode for further tweaking.

Use the Magnet tool in Edge mode (settings as Patrick described). Press E (and hold it) if you want to move a complete edge or even select it so you can melt it. Nothing beats the Magnet tool.

Thread Closed share thread