TurbulenceFD v1.0 RELEASED

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2012   #31
Originally Posted by smurfted: the plugin looks great, Josh what was the rendertime like for the cloud?

Hey Mike, I didn't record exact times for the sim but it was pretty darn quick. The sim time was like 3 minutes and to render one frame with multiple-scattering was about 40 seconds. Without multiple-scattering it renders at about 20 seconds per frame. This was on a 8-core mac with an old ATI Radeon HD card.

Last edited by joshfilms : 03 March 2012 at 09:33 PM.

Old 06 June 2012   #32
Hi all,

I wanted to give the learning edition a try, unfortunately I only got the following error messages at startup and the following messages in the console window and no available plugin in cinema 4D 11.5 64 under Win 7 64 pro...
Does anyone have a clue what the problem could be?

Error message: "Die Ordnungszahl 225 wurde in der DLL "libguide40.dll" nicht gefunden."
Console: "failed to load TurbulenceFD_R115_985.dll: Der Vorgang wurde erfolgreich beendet."
Thx for any help you can give

cheers

Last edited by jojojo : 06 June 2012 at 11:41 AM.

Old 06 June 2012   #33
Try replacing CINEMA 4D R11.5\resource\libs\win64\libguide40.dll with the one from TurbulenceFD\libs\x64

Old 06 June 2012   #34
Nice, that resolved the problem! great plugin!

Old 06 June 2012   #35
Is it possible to get this bundled for Cinema 4d & Lightwave (Possibly AE too depending on price) or would I need to buy the plugins separately?

Old 06 June 2012   #36
It's only available separately at the moment.

Old 12 December 2012   #37
Very interesting plugin, so simple to use too.
Can I ask, what's the limitation of the learning edition? There doesn't seem to be any restriction.

Old 12 December 2012   #38
It has watermarks and you cannot use the same files or caches when you buy the licensed version.

Old 12 December 2012   #39
The Learning Edition has no time limit and it supports all features except network rendering.
It renders with a faint watermark. Simulation caches and scene files created with the LE cannot be used with the licensed version.
Other than that it is unrestricted. The idea is that you can actually learn to use all features of the plugin with this version - however long it takes.

Old 12 December 2012   #40
Nice. I see it now, my backgrounds were black so the watermark barely showed up.

I was making some comparisons last night, realized I had the old beta lying around too.
I noticed that the fire solution in the 1.0 version looks more transparent and more dense (almost like a blob) vs the simulated effect of the .4 beta. In the beta, there's more of a fractal look and almost definitely a nicer fire look (with less of a transparent feel) from the default settings.

What can I change to get back to that original feel? If you understand my meaning.

Old 12 December 2012   #41
If it's flame shape you have in mind, you're probably looking for the Vorticity and Turbulence Parameters, possibly the Solver/Advection/Cubic Interpolation as well as the Volume Texture on the emitter.
If it's shading, then the Fire Color Mapping curve has most of the control over opacity, contour, etc.

Old 12 December 2012   #42
Originally Posted by jascha: The Learning Edition has no time limit and it supports all features except network rendering.
It renders with a faint watermark. Simulation caches and scene files created with the LE cannot be used with the licensed version.
Other than that it is unrestricted. The idea is that you can actually learn to use all features of the plugin with this version - however long it takes.

I like you, but I part off me dislike you for the sole reason that you have literally made me procrastinate away an entire day of mine!

All jokes aside, I'm impressed by this and there aren't a lot of plugins that makes you smile when you hit the render button.

Thank you for the educational license, but please give me entire day back.

Old 12 December 2012   #43
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread