Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 02-19-2012, 09:16 PM   #1
goin
Frequenter

Ingo Clemens
brave rabbit | www.braverabbit.de
Cologne, Germany

Pipeline Render Management

I just wanted to let you know that the latest version of my Pipeline Render Manager supports Cinema 4D, along with Maya, Vray, After Effects, Nuke and Shake.
There is a free version available coming with two clients, allowing to render an two machines simultaneously. But it will also help you manage your renders even if you have only one machine.

Check out the Pipeline website for more information!

Cheers, Ingo

Last edited by goin : 02-20-2012 at 10:17 PM.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
HolgerBiebrach
@Holgerbiebrach

portfolio
Holger Biebrach
Animator, TD
Freelancer
Hamburg, Germany

Looks very interesting.. I already downloaded.
www.c4dStuff.com

HB_ModellingBundle

Old 02-20-2012, 12:27 PM   #3
goin
Frequenter

Ingo Clemens
Cologne, Germany

Hey Cinema guys,

feel free to evaluate Pipeline and see if it's suitable for you. Also, Cinema 4D integration is brand new and there might be still room for improvement, as we are mainly a maya studio and I integrated Cinema upon some user requests.
If you come across something that doesn't flow like it should let me know and I will try to solve the issue. Usually it should run fine but as everyone has different workflows it's hard to think about everything when it's not your main tool.

Thanks, Ingo

Old 02-21-2012, 06:31 AM   #4
ernia
Mad Knight

portfolio
Arik Thuesen
USA

Cool.
How does it compare to Thinkbox's Deadline? If I recall, Deadline required a command-line license from Maxon to run Cinema 4D. Can you say a bit about licensing and what your software requires for rendering C4D and After Effects projects?
Thanks and congratulations,
Arik

Old 02-21-2012, 11:12 PM   #5
goin
Frequenter

Ingo Clemens
Cologne, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernia
Cool.
How does it compare to Thinkbox's Deadline? If I recall, Deadline required a command-line license from Maxon to run Cinema 4D. Can you say a bit about licensing and what your software requires for rendering C4D and After Effects projects?
Thanks and congratulations,
Arik

Thanks for the comment Arik.

I'd be walking out on a limb if I would compare to Deadline. As I am only someone who likes to makes some things a little easier and by no means a programmer. Pipeline started as I was looking for a simple but yet useable solution without lots of dependent installs, frameworks, network hastles and so on. I wanted it simple and back then there was hardly a good solution supporting OSX. Of course the big systems such as Deadline, but with a bunch of licenses you throw in quite some money. I wanted something simple and thought that it couldn't be so hard to set something up.
Of course I don't have a programmers crew in the background and not working full time on the product but already have quite some people who use it in production.

Pipeline is aiming for single artists or small studios looking for a simple solution. Deadline and the others have more features and if you are looking for a really professional solution, that would be the way to go. My solution os someplace in between. I am from a Maya background and many people do their renderings still with command line. Just didn't want to put up with that anymore. And then one thing lead to the other...

As far as the Cinema command license goes - that's something independent from Pipeline. But as far as I know you can also get some machines running without that.

Other than that you don't need anything special to render with Cinema or AE. Install the Manager on a master machine, copy the Clients to all machines that should contribute to the rendering and go. I just recently setup a short introduction to Pipeline you can watch on vimeo: https://vimeo.com/37054358
The video shows the basics steps for setup and rendering.
Two Clients are free with the public license but I also reply to specific requests.

Of course Pipeline is far from being perfect but it works nicely for our studio here and we are constantly trying to make it better. I am a Maya guy and just implemented the C4D support. Because of that I am not with the C4D implementation where I am with Maya but I am open to comments and suggestions to make it a better product. Feel free to evaluate and send me comments. All this is very welcome.

Thanks, Ingo

Old 02-21-2012, 11:12 PM   #6
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread