Clones Various objects with the same gap between them ?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2012   #31
Yes, development is ongoing.

Accommodating MoText was more demanding than anticipated and I've had to juggle development with paid work.

I'm snowed under with work for the rest of the week but will try to do a screen capture on the weekend.

Old 07 July 2012   #32
Fantastic Darter looking forward to it !

Old 10 October 2012   #33
Still eagerly looking forward to this!

Old 04 April 2013   #34
Hi Darter,

Any news about your plugin? I'm currently modelling a facade and this plugin would make things way easy.

Thanks,

josé

Old 04 April 2013   #35
Hi jespizua

It could be worth taking a look at Nitroman's MagicSweep: http://nitro4d.com/blog/freebie/magicsweep/
It might do some of what you are looking for.

cheers

Old 04 April 2013   #36
Just saw this thread and had a thought. Not perfect, but it gets you pretty close: http://www.3danvil.com/tutorials/Ir...n%20Spacing.c4d

Old 04 April 2013   #37
Thank you both!,

@SockGardener, I just tried MagicSweep and works perfect, the only downside is that you can't apply a random effector to that. Another thing is that it does not generate instances.

@AdamT, Thanks a lot for taking the time to making the file. I have to say I'm impress with your solution. The problem is that I need to distribute along a spline and if I add spline effector to the cloner object the result is no longer valid.

I think MagicSweep is going to solve my problem. Thanks again,

josé

Old 04 April 2013   #38
Have a look at >coffeestock.sitemix.jp<

There is a plugin called: "CloneGenerator".

This is the best to clone elements in various spacing with full control of the different distances!
Very comfortable for architecture facades.
Specially for those like in the first post of this thread!

I have not read the whole thread, but I think, this is exactly what you looking for

Last edited by TBA3D : 04 April 2013 at 11:41 AM.

Old 04 April 2013   #39
Originally Posted by TBA3D: Have a look at >coffeestock.sitemix.jp<

There is a plugin called: "CloneGenerator".

This is the best to clone elements in various spacing with full control of the different distances!
Very comfortable for architecture facades.
Specially for those like in the first post of this thread!

I have not read the whole thread, but I think, this is exactly what you looking for

Thanks TBA3D!, yeah that's a nice plugin!. The problem is that it's not to possible to array the objects along a spline with CloneGenerator, that's my impression after I watched the videos, am I wrong?. For the project I'm working on right now, I need to distribute the clones along a spline, so I think I'll use Nitroman's MagicSweet with its limitations (no random, no instances)

Wouldn't make sense to have this option within Mograph? I would this feature a lot. Also, I think it would make more sense to me to develop an effector for mograph instead of a separated plugin. That way we could use Mograph's power without limitations.

Thanks again,

josé

Old 04 April 2013   #40
You´re right, Jose. Arrange on spline is not possible at the moment!
But this would be a very useful enhancement.

I´ve send a mail to the developer of this plugin -> to watch this thread.
Normally he is very cooperatively.
Let´s have a look

Hope too, that Maxon integrated such a function like this plugin have into the MoGraph Tool Set.

Best regards,
Thomas

Old 04 April 2013   #41
By the way, there is a "Kerning Effector" :

>Te Kerning Effector<

Think, this could be produce the results you want with the normal MG Toolset !

Give it a try

Last edited by TBA3D : 04 April 2013 at 01:14 PM.

Old 04 April 2013   #42
Fit Effector

I don't own it, but it may fit the bill. The fit effector in the Additional Effectors plugin. I would be curious if it works, because I've faced similar problems.

http://cinemaplugins.com/c4d-plugin...onal_effectors/

Old 04 April 2013   #43
Thanks. I've been taking a look at Paul's site but there is very little info about Fit Effector, the example shows clones on a volume not along a spline. But could be the perfect solution. The problem to me would be that I use C4D's educational license and I can't install serialised plugins.

Old 04 April 2013   #44
I bought the fit effector but couldn't get it to quite work for me, was trying to get advertising boards around a stadium to work.
www.trickstargames.com

Old 05 May 2013   #45
Originally Posted by jespizua: Thanks TBA3D!, yeah that's a nice plugin!. The problem is that it's not to possible to array the objects along a spline with CloneGenerator, that's my impression after I watched the videos, am I wrong?. For the project I'm working on right now, I need to distribute the clones along a spline, so I think I'll use Nitroman's MagicSweet with its limitations (no random, no instances)

Wouldn't make sense to have this option within Mograph? I would this feature a lot. Also, I think it would make more sense to me to develop an effector for mograph instead of a separated plugin. That way we could use Mograph's power without limitations.

Thanks again,

josé

Hi Jose,

have a new look at "CloneGenerator" at >CoffeeStock<.
It´s updated to work with generating the clones in variable spacing along a spline/mask now.

Many thanks to the developer

Thread Closed share thread