3D City Environment Animation

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

05 May 2018
3D City Environment Animation

Hey peeps!
Thought I'd show off an environment animation I've been working on. It's a SciFi / Fantasy city made in Cinema 4D with the physical render (also some After Effects comping / colour correction).

Y'all can view it here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6RewhZBChQ&t=1s

This has taken me about a year and a half to make (though I did do paid work in between!). 360 hours to render (NOT on a render farm, I literally left my one PC on for a fortnight lol). It's by far the most immense 3D scene I've ever made in my time as a 3D artist! It's part of a short film / pilot episode I'm making.
I plan on saving out some still images and submitting them to the gallery section of this website (afaik, you can't upload animated videos to that right?). But in the mean time, here's the entire video to view! I'd love to hear your thoughts

Peace!

05 May 2018
Originally Posted by legmog: Hey peeps!
Thought I'd show off an environment animation I've been working on. It's a SciFi / Fantasy city made in Cinema 4D with the physical render (also some After Effects comping / colour correction).

Y'all can view it here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6RewhZBChQ&t=1s

This has taken me about a year and a half to make (though I did do paid work in between!). 360 hours to render (NOT on a render farm, I literally left my one PC on for a fortnight lol). It's by far the most immense 3D scene I've ever made in my time as a 3D artist! It's part of a short film / pilot episode I'm making.
I plan on saving out some still images and submitting them to the gallery section of this website (afaik, you can't upload animated videos to that right?). But in the mean time, here's the entire video to view! I'd love to hear your thoughts

Peace!
Beautiful! Very enchanting world.

05 May 2018
I realy like it and i'm loking forward to that pilot

05 May 2018
Nice colors and shapes. It reminds me a little bit of the city of the dead in Coco, mixed with some kind of crazy circus world.

05 May 2018
Wonderfull! Amazing job. Love to see more.

odo

05 May 2018
Hey guys!
Thanks for all the comments!
I've not actually seen Coco, although ''some kind of crazy circus world'' was certainly an aesthetic I was aiming for
I think I'm going to collapse in a heap now that it's finally finished! Although now it IS finished, I really want to try and do a bit of a ''social media'' push with this one
If you did like the video, I would REALLY appreciate it if y'all hit it with a share! Try and get a bit of traction of anyone whose interested in seeing how this project develops.
I'm woefully behind with the times with all this 'social media' nonsense  But that would be great if ya could

I was wondering if you might know of any good online places to try and 'showcase' this? I hear ArtStation is a good website for such things. Any other places which would be good to do the same?

I don't wanna err towards 'self promotion' in this thread. Suffice to say, if you liked what you saw, and want to see more, all my social media deets are in the description of the video on Youtube 

05 May 2018
Wow - that's quite something... well done !

reply share thread