Teamrender R18 Win client not compatible with Mac version

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Old 04 April 2017   #1
Teamrender R18 Win client not compatible with Mac version

I installed a fresh Windows R18 TR client but when I want to add the client as a rendermachine on my Mac I get this dialog:

The version you are trying to connect to is not compatible with this version

Your Version: RB190167
Client Version: RB197636

So what is going on? Everything is up to date and my Mac clienst work ok.

I haven't asked MAXON tech yet.

odo

Old 04 April 2017   #2
Originally Posted by ooo: I haven't asked MAXON tech yet.

They'll know.

Old 04 April 2017   #3
Your C4D instance (RB190167) seems to be version 18.041
Your TR Client instance (RB197636) seems to be 18.048

The versions of your C4D and your TR client must match.

Old 04 April 2017   #4
Hi and thanks,
I understand they must match, but why don't they? If there is a new version it should be in my automatic updates as always, not? I also tried a manual search for an update but without result. Is there a new Win version released that is not yet available for Mac?

I'll contact MAXON on monday and see what's up here.

odo

Old 04 April 2017   #5
That is an interesting question - I am on Windows and have only 18.041 (190167) either, but I see a French Language Pack with the serial 18.048 in my updater, which suggests that there is indeed stuff trickling in from the future?

Someone at Maxon started A/B testing on us?

Old 04 April 2017   #6
Ok, so I got my answer from MAXON.

There is indeed a new 18.048 version for Mac on the downloadpage that is not yet in the automatic updates, so that explains the incompatability.

Unfortunately there is a setback for Mac Users that use 2k Substance textures with OpenGL. That is no longer supported on OSX. So I have to see if this get solved before release or that this is unavoidable.

odo

Old 04 April 2017   #7
Originally Posted by ooo: Ok, so I got my answer from MAXON.

There is indeed a new 18.048 version for Mac on the downloadpage that is not yet in the automatic updates, so that explains the incompatability.

Unfortunately there is a setback for Mac Users that use 2k Substance textures with OpenGL. That is no longer supported on OSX. So I have to see if this get solved before release or that this is unavoidable.

odo

The thing with the Substance OpenGL support on Mac likely wont be resolved with the next Online Update (but probably with a later one).
As long as you didn't use Substances in OpenGL mode in C4D (which is not default), it's a good idea to grab this update (18.048) and install it on all your machines.

Old 04 April 2017   #8
Originally Posted by ooo: Ok, so I got my answer from MAXON.

odo

hmm there is an 18.048 but lower in the list (usually older) is an 18.039

the 18.048 indicates a "hot fix" but seems newer then the 18.049 listed below it...

ok which is it maxon? or are the versioning listed a mistake somehow?

ahh - fix - my mistake - my darn eyes are so blurry from staring at the screen i suppose or dyslexia at this point - i totally missed the .39 and .48 - sheesh... tired, tired, tired... sorry nothing to see here... doh!

but interesting to see what the new stuff is in 18.048 - glad to see maxon is pushing out more frequent bug fixes!
-

Last edited by dann_stubbs : 04 April 2017 at 05:00 PM.

reply share thread