FinalRender Q/A please!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2005
You can generate polygons out of Hair and render them without problems with any renderer, but don't expect the special shader to work.
Since polygon hairs are generated at render time, it should also render animated with dynamics and all that fuss.

12 December 2005
I think seeing FR as a complimentary tool for C4D users is the best way of looking at it. Simply put, users may need to set up scenes ahead of time knowing which renderer will be used (if they want absolute control). I don't think Cebas wrote FR to completely replace AR but as an additional option for users. I have done some basic test renders, and could already say FR is pretty darn fast and has a unique quality of its own. The best way to know is to test the renderer for yourself.

12 December 2005
Checking out the cebas forum i was amazed to find that FR does not support pyrocluster, cebas make both fr and pc so though other things can be forgiven for not being suported missing out PC is a real let down

12 December 2005
I see I'm not the only one. I think it is real strange that Pyrocluster is not supported.

Peace,
Rich-Art.

12 December 2005
If any one has the time i would be interested to see a comparisson of AR and FR on the c4d petals scene, render times, shadow handling and color correction. I think this scene really showed of the new color correction in ar2.5 but i am sure FR could do as good if not a better job

12 December 2005
Can anyone tell me more about FR shader tree setup? I've read the description on the CEBAS website and it does not seem easy to create many of the most common textures used and created (ie. wax, etc.)

Is there going to be a finalshaders for fr-2 c4d for example? Or a MUCH more detailed tutorial(s) or explanation of how to create shaders using the tree shader?

12 December 2005
Learning abour FR2 is going to be tricky as there are very few people who have it and even they are just starting to get the feel of it

the problem is no demo, i think cebas are making a mistake by not making a demo available, i can't see to many people shelling out hundreds of dollars for something they can't test drive. Now cebas make TP and pyrocluster, both are incorporated as optional modules for c4d and as such can be tried out in the demo version of c4d, perhaps maxon should make Fr2 a module thus it would be avail;ble in the demo version of c4d

12 December 2005
mmmmmmmmm.......
Final Render has a pedigree a mile long.( Not like that other render)
I doubt that there will be a demo.
It is not for the average home user it is set up for studios.
There are a few examples included, but there is a wealth of
info available from existing users of FR for max & maya.

12 December 2005
As far as I know Cebas don't make TP and Pyrocluster for C4d, Maxon just borrowed some technology from them and it is extremely unlikely that something like fR2 will become a module as it is a Cebas product.

12 December 2005
Originally Posted by soccerrprp: Can anyone tell me more about FR shader tree setup? I've read the description on the CEBAS website and it does not seem easy to create many of the most common textures used and created (ie. wax, etc.)

It's not all that easy to learn, that's true. It's very deep. And being able to poke around with a ray-hit is pretty wild, though it does take a bit of understanding how the stuff works in order to figure out what to do with it.

If you want an example of a shader tree system to tinker with, in the absence of a demo version of fR-2, check out DarkTree Textures. It will at least give you a sense for what it's like to build a shader with a shader tree, though without fR-2's tight integration.

I'm still just at the experimenting stage... that alone is a lot of fun.

12 December 2005
If your going to play with DT i suggest you book your analyst up for a few sessions, DT is COMPLEX and for something so "powerful" i am suprized there is very little mention of it's use considering how well known the darksim shaders are

12 December 2005
Originally Posted by paulselhi: Learning abour FR2 is going to be tricky as there are very few people who have it and even they are just starting to get the feel of it

the problem is no demo, i think cebas are making a mistake by not making a demo available, i can't see to many people shelling out hundreds of dollars for something they can't test drive. Now cebas make TP and pyrocluster, both are incorporated as optional modules for c4d and as such can be tried out in the demo version of c4d, perhaps maxon should make Fr2 a module thus it would be avail;ble in the demo version of c4d

Before they ever put out a demo version, some things need to be done first, like the Mac version

12 December 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread