How to Bend a MIXAMO Rigged Model?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

4 Weeks Ago
How to Bend a MIXAMO Rigged Model?

Hello,
I created a rigged T model in MIXAMO and imported it into C4D R19 Studio Mac.

I'm new to C4D and am not sure how to go about bending limbs of the figure. For example, I want the figure to sit in a chair and lower its arms from the T position.

Please advise.

I've attached a copy of the fbx file.

Thank you.

4 Weeks Ago
You should be able to use the preset mocaps in Mixamo to achieve a simple pose like sitting. Once you have selected the mocaps that you like in Mixamo, you can download that fbx and load it into cinema. Scrubbing through the time-line will give you the subtle movement of the character until you find a pose you like.

4 Weeks Ago
If it's just a simple mixamo rig, and you didn't add fancy controls on top of it, you have to rotate the BONES in your character rig so that the SKIN moves with it.

4 Weeks Ago
Thanks for your replies. A couple of follow ups...

1) "You should be able to use the preset mocaps in Mixamo to achieve a simple pose like sitting. Once you have selected the mocaps that you like in Mixamo,..." (This is a quote from the reply above.) But, how do you selectmocaps in Mixamo? I'm not clear how to do that. Please explain.

2) "...you have to rotate the BONES in your character rig so that the SKIN moves with it." (This is a quote from the other reply above.) The problem is when you attempt to rotate the bones to get the figure to sit, the hips disfigure. I heard this same problem mentioned in a YouTube video discussing this problem. So, there needs to be a work around. Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

4 Weeks Ago
1) "You should be able to use the preset mocaps in Mixamo to achieve a simple pose like sitting. Once you have selected the mocaps that you like in Mixamo,..." (This is a quote from the reply above.) But, how do you selectmocaps in Mixamo? I'm not clear how to do that. Please explain.

See attached. Make sure you are in the ANIMATIONS tab at the upper left (not characters).

4 Weeks Ago
Your suggestion below worked just great!

Originally, I just wanted to use a still figure. But, since I was in the animations section, I needed to use one of the animated sitting options, which works just great but introduced another problem - that of timing of the animation.

I don't want it to start up right away. There is going to be camera movement in the scene and the animation needs to start at a particular time in the camera movement. I realize this is changing the nature of my original question, but I was wondering if you could suggest how to have the animated sitting animation begin at a certain time in the camera movement timeline?

Thanks!

4 Weeks Ago
You are looking for the Timeline (Dopesheet) which you can open under the Window Menu. This will let you grab all the keyframes for your figure animation and slide them around the larger timeline. You should also read the help files about Motion Clips if you are doing this a lot.

Last edited by Ealexander : 4 Weeks Ago at 04:25 PM.

3 Weeks Ago
Once again you were very helpful.

Thanks!

reply share thread