Rigging Scissor Lift

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

1 Week Ago
Rigging Scissor Lift

Hi, I thought this was just a simple set-up but I couldn't seem to figure it out. What I am trying to achieve is something like in this video. Where all the "legs" stretches out when it stands.
What I had in mind is that link the rotation values of the legs but it makes the rotation of the other legs wonky. I tried it both with using hierarchy (parent-child) and without hierarchy.

There are references in the web but they are pertaining to either 3DS Max or Blender which I am unable to translate well. For C4D, I did find this thread. but unfortunately, the video referred by Cactus Dan is no longer available.

For reference of the my file, you can check it out here

Thank you for your time.

1 Week Ago
Using multiple IK expressions is probably not a bad way to go with it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4klrei5s...m_0001.c4d?dl=0

Alternatively I'd probably drive all the rotations with the same value.

1 Week Ago
@51MON

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you. Never knew multiple IK expressions is the key

@Bullit

Thanks for the link. The video you referred above explains also how to read 51MON's file.

Thanks again!

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by Bullit: See if this helps you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1xxqnQvmuE
I'm at a loss of words. For as long as I've been using C4D, it's things like this that make me EXTRA appreciate it for what it's capable of. There's always something new to learn, and there's so many ways to do the same thing (some more efficient than others, of course).

reply share thread