C4DtoA to support C4D Noises natively/procedurally..

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

10 October 2017
C4DtoA to support C4D Noises natively/procedurally..

Use C4D own noises in C4DtoA like never before... 100 percent procedurally, no baking or faking whatsoever! Zoom in fluently to macro level or displacements.. get lost in 3D spaced mappings for Volumes etc..

And even influence the noises parameters with other nodes for distortion or other advanced effects..

10 October 2017
Fantastic! Is this in the next release of C4DtoA?

10 October 2017
Technically its ready. So shouldnt take too long

10 October 2017
Saw this. Great news!

10 October 2017
Beta is out, grab it from the mailinglist

10 October 2017
Originally Posted by uglykids: Beta is out, grab it from the mailinglist
Um, this is the first I've heard of a mailing list for C4DtoA... Where do you access it?

10 October 2017
You would get access if you are a beta tester of C4DtoA I guess..

3 Weeks Ago
Its pretty awesome; here's a test render using using a mesh volume (a simple sphere) with voronoi noise in an Arnold standard volume material driving color, transparency, and displacement... Super powerful when you combine those flexible 3D noise shaders with Arnold's materials.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ctbks3e6...cement.mp4?dl=0

5 Days Ago
Sorry to bring this up here--but have a few questions about licensing.

I've not touched Arnold for a few months. 
Just got it re installed for R19 and I am getting watermarks in my renders. I checked my RLM server and it all seems to be running correctly.
I went onto the solid angle site and it looks like the license server policies and processes have changed?  Are you guys able to use the same RLM server setup as before or did everything change?
It appears that maybe Arnold only uses RLM for the monthy subscription and theres a new A.D.  server system for annual licenses? Seems whenever I step a way from it for awhile I have to relearn how to get it running before I can become productive with it again..

And yes--really liking the new features especially native noises.

THANKS

5 Days Ago
I believe you now need to use the Autodesk licensing server, which is a PITA to get running - and then auto running on reboot through Terminal on OSX (Don’t forget to also tell the plugin to look for the server!)

The licence files can be downloaded under you Autodesk account. 

Arnold Licensing info here.

answers.arnoldrenderer.com is the place to go for support. 

HTH! 

5 Days Ago
Originally Posted by Tehuti: I believe you now need to use the Autodesk licensing server, which is a PITA to get running - and then auto running on reboot through Terminal on OSX (Don’t forget to also tell the plugin to look for the server!)

The licence files can be downloaded under you Autodesk account. 

Arnold Licensing info here.

answers.arnoldrenderer.com is the place to go for support. 

HTH! 

Ugh was hoping that wasnt the case. Thanks for the info!

Im just about at the time where I would normally renew my annual license. Starting to wonder if its worth it to renew --being that its not our primary render engine.

Last edited by JoelDubin : 5 Days Ago at 08:18 PM.

3 Days Ago
Originally Posted by Tehuti: I believe you now need to use the Autodesk licensing server, which is a PITA to get running 

You werent kidding :(
Gonna be a long night trying to figure this out...

3 Days Ago
Yup, it truly boggles the mind when, in the age of ‘There’s an App for that!’ - that you have to jump through hoops a la ‘Halt and Catch Fire’ JUST to get an app working! I could forgive an app that needs to be set to load on startup - but having to search for how to 1) install, 2) set-up and 3) auto-run a piece of code is quite simply mind-blowing. What better way to alienate those customers that don’t run multi-licences with an ‘IT-Guy’ at hand. I couldn’t find a SINGLE page that went through all the steps. 

So, these are the steps I took on OS X - if that helps: Get your Terminal goggles on...

1. DL / Install / Set Up OS X Server

2. Auto-run Server on Reboot

3. Tell Arnold to find Server

Dean

3 Days Ago
This is one of many things that allows you to be a great option on paper, but a less than desirable one in reality. 

reply share thread