[plugin] updates

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

02 February 2014
Originally Posted by tapaul: New website is up !!

cinemaplugins.com

And a promo to go with it. 20% off anything, on launch day. use the coupon 'rubenrocks' at checkout.

regards
Paul

What happened to your TopoMaps plugin? I think that was the name, the one that gave you real-time ambient occlusion on the viewport and etc...

02 February 2014
topo maps will be back soon, there just want enough time and energy to get that and Texture remap on the new site.

meanwhile, meanwhile, you can get it from the old site..

02 February 2014
Can we get Texture Remapper for %20 off too?

02 February 2014
RE: 20%
sorry, that discount ended.

What you may be able to do,if your a regular customer, and you have purchased multiple plugins in the not too distant past, is apply for a personal VIP code, via the helpdesk to get good discount.

regards
Paul

02 February 2014
Vector professional update

Vector professional has been updated to 1.45

VERSION 1.45 Feb 15th 2014
Fixed - an issue with texture field after "save with assets"
Added - HyperUV® scale slider.
New - perfected my HyperUV® Mapping algorithm.this is a new, intelligent uv mapping algorithm, for extruded sides.
Fixed - an issue where a texture might not be found.
Added - Extrude for single poly mode.
Improved - image reading performance.
Changed - polygon filling method to work better with extreme situations.This produces more triangles, but is faster and less likely to break.
Added - OBJECT_UNIQUEENUMERATION flag to generator and now sets IP for each segment (for use with kendo shaders,etc.)
Fixed - Animation Offset was not being added to shader time.

I have also updated the help page to reflect the new settings..

Paul

cinemaplugins.com

Last edited by tapaul : 02 February 2014 at 03:11 PM.

02 February 2014
How do you use the UV Transform tool?

02 February 2014

cheers
Paul

Last edited by tapaul : 02 February 2014 at 03:55 PM.

02 February 2014
Originally Posted by tapaul: Fixed - Animation Offset was not being added to shader time.
Thanks Paul!

02 February 2014
your welcome bunk. I meant to mail you back, but I honestly could not find the that email you sent. Thats why I love the helpdesk

cheers
Paul

02 February 2014
Vector Professional 1.47 update

Vector professional has been updated again. The update was sent out last night.

VERSION 1.47 Feb 24th 2014

Fixed - Alpha was not working with shaders
Added - Untriangulate for polygon output modes.

untriangulate is just a convenience feature to clean up geometry output.

cinemaplugins.com

03 March 2014
DEM Earth has been updated.

Version 1.42 Feb 7th, 2014
New - Drag and drop ASc as standalone Mesh , now supported.
Improved - Download performance for many image map layers. Many layers are now noticably faster.
Fixed - Stamen Buildings
Fixed - GeoPointConverter now adds phong and downloads "best available" data, as apposed to "90m"

DEM Earth ChangeList..

The main advantage of this version is that if you have an ASC file, you can now drag drop it into C4D and bypass DEM Earth itself. this gives you the ability to see the raw data, with the correct, real world proportions (WGS84 is a square reprojection) and without any interpolation.

USE: If you have global mapper, just convert to geographic, save out your height data, then simply drag/drop that into c4d. It is extremely fast at loading huge data sets ( @maxon , watch and learn) and there are no limits to the dimensions, beyond what your hardware can handle.

This bring me to the Crusher plugin, which I showed in copenhagen.
Test scene is a huge and accurate portion of the grand canyon @10m resolution and results in ~38 million polygons.

stats

grand canyon test.asc = is the original data source @~331mb
grand canyon test.c4d = is the model exported without crusher, using c4d data structures (and at a ridiculous ~1.5GB, is exactly why I am developing crusher)
grand canyon test crushed.c4d = is the same c4d object converted to crusher and saved
grand canyon test.zip = is the c4d file, zipped. Compression time ~75 secs and ~20 secs to decompress.
grand canyon test crushed.zip = the zipped version of the crushed file. compression time ~13 secs. Decompression time ~3 secs

on a side note:
render times (prepare and render geometry no textures,etc)
crushed model ~41 secs.
uncrushed model ~39 secs.

However, I'm reworking the compression algorithm and when this is done crusher should actually be faster for rendering. The reason for this is that, when you hit render, c4d makes a clone of your object before sending it to be setup for the render engine. so crusher is in a good position here, as it only has to copy the crusher structure, and i have full control of this. This can reconstruct the model at any resolution, almost as fast as C4D can copy the raw data. When i have reworked the decompression, it will be faster to reconstruct than C4D can internally copy. this tells us one thing. C4d is totally crap and making clones of objects, because I can reconstruct the entire geometry faster than c4d can internally copy it !

Anyhow, crusher is looking very strong so far, and I will be sending out the beta to those who asked in a few days.

regards
Paul

Last edited by tapaul : 03 March 2014 at 12:05 PM.

03 March 2014
to help understand this mission im on. Im posting this image , which shows the on screen 2D output in global mapper, and after exporting from that application and dragging into C4D, you get the exact same object in 3D , as a model , in C4D.
The thing to note here is that Global mapper, despite its price tag and very broad range of features, is not in any way a 3D application. This asc importer is the most accurate, imo the ONLY such importer for c4d that will deliver a perfect, accurate model of this magnitude into C4D.
things you can forget:
A: doing this as an OBJ export, c4d obj importer is hopelessly out of its depth on a file of this size.
B: exporting, as a dxf. forget it, for anything but a very small area.
C: save as a height map. go for it, and displace with it. This will work but you will have to guess the width, length and height. So this has not accurate.
D: DEM export.....try that. C4d DEM importer is long past its sell by date, and has never been capable of importing a DEM modelling accurately.

So this direct ASC import is, the most accurate, and only way there is, to get a large DEM or DSM accurately, into Cinema4D.

And my own private little victory on this:
its a great technical demonstration, showing how fast loading text based data can be, if you make the effort. @ ~331mb , ~38 million pairs of doubles, from text, are parsed in about 4 secs. If I where to do this using maxon SDK functions, it would take > an hour(actually much longer, I tried it) to import the coordinates, that's how bad some of the SDK functionality is ! This is the weakness you see when you use something like the OBJ importer.

anyhow , heres is the image showing the global mapper representation on the right , and the model, imported into c4d on the left.

(view the image in a seperate window)

DESCRIPTION=grand canyon test.asc
UPPER LEFT X=-113.1039181007
UPPER LEFT Y=36.6889181008
LOWER RIGHT X=-111.9740356826
LOWER RIGHT Y=35.7780343479
WEST LONGITUDE=113° 06' 14.1052" W
NORTH LATITUDE=36° 41' 20.1052" N
EAST LONGITUDE=111° 58' 26.5285" W
SOUTH LATITUDE=35° 46' 40.9237" N
UL CORNER LONGITUDE=113° 06' 14.1052" W
UL CORNER LATITUDE=36° 41' 20.1052" E
UR CORNER LONGITUDE=111° 58' 26.5285" W
UR CORNER LATITUDE=36° 41' 20.1052" E
LR CORNER LONGITUDE=111° 58' 26.5285" W
LR CORNER LATITUDE=35° 46' 40.9237" E
LL CORNER LONGITUDE=113° 06' 14.1052" W
LL CORNER LATITUDE=35° 46' 40.9237" E
PROJ_DESC=Geographic (Latitude/Longitude) / WGS84 / arc degrees
PROJ_DATUM=WGS84
PROJ_UNITS=arc degrees
EPSG_CODE=4326
COVERED AREA=10274 sq km
NUM COLUMNS=6899
NUM ROWS=5562
PIXEL WIDTH=0.0001638 arc degrees
PIXEL HEIGHT=0.0001638 arc degrees
MIN ELEVATION=502.785 meters
MAX ELEVATION=2806.9 meters
ELEVATION UNITS=meters

I hope that kinda makes sense. as you now have a way to get this data from global mapper into C4d , quickly and accurately. and the crusher mission is all about then being able to work with such a gigantic polygon object.

cheers
Paul

Last edited by tapaul : 03 March 2014 at 10:49 AM.

03 March 2014
DEM Earth update

DEM Earth got another service update today.

Version 1.44
Added - GPX loader now imports WayPoints.
Added - The ASC direct importer will now import a matching image of the same name. with an image suffix.
(i.e) mydata.asc requires mydata.jpg (jpg,jpeg,png,tif,tiff,jp2,psd are supported)
make sure the image size is correct when exporting from GM or arcgis

enjoy !

Paul

03 March 2014
If your an existing DEM Earth customer, please vote if you want to see AWS cloud storage for DEM Earth data here..

thanks
Paul
CinemaPlugins.com

03 March 2014
DEM Earth updated to version 1.50

A major new addition to the package is the GeoCoder tool. This lets you enter a location or address and get a geographic coordinate back. It also does reverse coding, so you can easily find out what is at a specific geographic location.

its easy to use.

enter some location info. this can be a pstcode, city or town name, road,etc,etc.
press enter

it fills out the location info for you, and provides the geographic coordinates for you.

you can then just hit "copy", and then "paste" in DEM Earth. and it instantly takes you to that location.

you can also do reverse geocoding. this means you hit "copy" in DEM Earth, and paste , in the geocoding tool, then press reverse GeoCode, to find out what is there.

You can then use this information to easily place and name a pinpoint.

It was a lot of work to make that happen.

Enjoy !

-----------------------------------------

Version 1.50 March 28th 2014
NEW - DEM Earth GeoCoder. With this you can get a location name from coordinates, or coordinates from a location name.
Added - Sun Link To DEM Earth Object, in the drivers TAB. This automatically sets the suns (physical and sun tag) coordinates, to the DEM Earth world center.
Changed - Added "DEM Earth -" To all DEM Earth related objects (keeps importers together)

the download is available immediately.

regards
Paul
CinemaPlugins.com

Last edited by tapaul : 03 March 2014 at 04:16 PM.

reply share thread