[plugin] updates

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

01 January 2014
My biggest problem now is knowing which of these plug-ins to buy. Would you do a bespoke bundle deal?

01 January 2014
please contact support for special bundle requests.

regards
Paul

01 January 2014
Grabbed this earlier, very happy to say it's come in handy immediately, been having a 'smashing' time with it so far. Ho. Ho. These come from a couple of simple photos of smashed glass, no modelling needed.

Cheers Paul - another winner ;-) C

01 January 2014
lets quickly rename it to "smash stuff up - Pro" before anyone notices

cheers
Paul

01 January 2014
That looks dangerous - I only want Smash Stuff Up Lite.

01 January 2014
Originally Posted by Darth Mole: That looks dangerous - I only want Smash Stuff Up Lite.

One calorie short of real blow up!

01 January 2014
[QUOTE=tapaul]I have uploaded a short video showing some of the things you can do with Vector Professional

Great Video. Thanks for taking your time and recording it.
It always blows my mind how much there is left in C4D for me to explore.
I have not spend to much time with noise.... I missed something.
Rainer

01 January 2014
Originally Posted by ChrisCousins: Grabbed this earlier, very happy to say it's come in handy immediately, been having a 'smashing' time with it so far. Ho. Ho. These come from a couple of simple photos of smashed glass, no modelling needed.

Great looking stuff there Chris

01 January 2014
If I hadn't bought it already, I would buy it now in a blink. Just amazing how there can be room for such a creative plugin out of the blue. Smashing indeed!

odo

01 January 2014
Originally Posted by ChrisCousins: Grabbed this earlier, very happy to say it's come in handy immediately, been having a 'smashing' time with it so far. Ho. Ho. These come from a couple of simple photos of smashed glass, no modelling needed.

Very nice Chris. I have used it fairly traditionally as a ultra fast way of building extruded logos. Very useful for some of the stuff I do. But Paul's new video has set my mind racing.

01 January 2014
Originally Posted by LemonNado: [QUOTE=tapaul]I have uploaded a short video showing some of the things you can do with Vector Professional

Great Video. Thanks for taking your time and recording it.
It always blows my mind how much there is left in C4D for me to explore.
I have not spend to much time with noise.... I missed something.
Rainer

Damn that is impressive stuff Paul.

02 February 2014
The new site looks really great, exactly what a CG software site should be - great looking, easy to read, with lots of examples to get people excited about the software & the main questions answered & some introductory videos.
Already enjoying DEM earth (especially) & Smart Shaders at work.

02 February 2014
Vector Professional 1.37 update

VERSION 1.37 Feb 2nd 2014
Added - Texture Restriction name for extruded polygons.
Fixed - extrude value < 0 pushes polys forwards and keeps normals correct.
Added - Extrude for polygon Segments (will add for other modes in another update)
Added - option to disable update when using a shader and time changes.
Added - Aspect option. this lets you change the the height of the output object for ambiguous shaders (where the size can not easily be determined)
Fixed - Problem when using the texture link, possible "image loader not found" error, results in nothing be shown.

The main advantage of this update is that you can now hook a dynamics tag directly to the Vector Pro object, without the need for anything like cloth nurbs or extruder. Just choose output->Polygon segments. This is an order of magnitude faster than than the previous process. More to come in this area !

Last edited by tapaul : 02 February 2014 at 05:19 PM.

02 February 2014
smashing stuff up is a lot of fun !

The point of the above images is that they are the result of multiplying one image by another, in a layer shader and and running that through Vector Pro, using the new extrude function. That's useful for a lot of things, but procedural walls + dynamics is good example,imo.

Last edited by tapaul : 02 February 2014 at 05:25 PM.

02 February 2014
Well I've been wobbling on the edge, but I think I'm sold. Paul, I'm gonna mail you about possible bundle deal. Just in case ;-)

reply share thread