SuperTracer Beta Plugin.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2011
Originally Posted by jonahtobias: Not seeing any plugin on OS X R13. Also no example files in the download.
Looks neat though. If it works

----

EDIT: i see the example files now, but the plugin still isn't found.

I have the same issue, copied the files in the plugin folder, but the plugin isnt showing up in C4D.

12 December 2011
can you post some more info please...eg console messages etc..if you can't see the plugin.
a little more info might give remo something to go on

Henry Moore

12 December 2011
Originally Posted by Heerko: I have the same issue, copied the files in the plugin folder, but the plugin isnt showing up in C4D.

Ah, I got it to work. Heerko: You need to uncompress the .7z into a folder otherwise it spills files all over the place. Afterword copy that folder into the plugins.

Neat plugin -- simple idea. Different than tracer because it makes a web of lines between everything, limited by a min and max distance. There seem to be a couple of different meshing algorithms that can be toggled.

12 December 2011
Love it.
I've been using Plexus in AE and was hoping for a C4D equivalent.

I'm experimenting with MG Cloners and Web Mode.
It is creating a spline between each vertex of every object cloned. So for example, if I drop a cube into my Cloner object, and Web that, I get 8 points of connection for every cube. Fair enough. So I though if I used a Matrix object instead, I'd get one point of origin for each clone... but I am still getting multiple splines per clone.

So far the only way around this that I have found is to create a polygon object and delete all but one vertex, and clone that. Then I get the effect I want with SuperTracer... a single point of origin for each clone.

Can we have it so that the matrix object acts as I had expected?

If I am not clear, let me know and I'll upload some sample images.

Really looking forward to this developing further!

12 December 2011
could you explain with a picture please jeremyw?

Henry Moore

12 December 2011
The third image is the desired effect.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4480607/SuperTracer_issue_1.jpg

It seems to be interpreting the Matrix object as though it were cloning cubes.

12 December 2011
OK. If I use a Matrix object set to generate Thinking Particles, and drop the particle group into the TraceLinks field, I get what I am after.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4480607/SuperTracer_issue_2.jpg

12 December 2011
cool thanks for the pics.

Henry Moore

12 December 2011
Work around aside, do we agree that the Matix-Web combo gives undesirable results?

If it is going to treat each Matrix null as multiple points, then we should have some control over that. Yes?

12 December 2011
Originally Posted by useruser: Hi kiteman,

here is a short example for the supertracer in "webmode" for the structure i used a Realflow-TP-Group and it is renderd with hair.
http://vimeo.com/34010834

oh thanks for the vid ! the result looks very interesting !

12 December 2011
Originally Posted by jonahtobias: Ah, I got it to work. Heerko: You need to uncompress the .7z into a folder otherwise it spills files all over the place. Afterword copy that folder into the plugins.

Thanks Jonah!

12 December 2011
Originally Posted by JeremyW: Work around aside, do we agree that the Matix-Web combo gives undesirable results?

If it is going to treat each Matrix null as multiple points, then we should have some control over that. Yes?

yup i'd agree with you its not something i'd prefer..i've requested a toggle/type option on the beta forum but i'm not sure why it works like that in the first place..so hopefully remo will respond here...seems most useful approach would be to have ability to it on or off or select alternative...kinda like choosing the object centre or choosing closest camera object point or something of that ilk...we'll see..thanks for the suggestion jeremyw.

Henry Moore

01 January 2012
Interesting plugin!

02 February 2012
@ remo : beta has expired any chance of an update/etc.

Henry Moore

02 February 2012
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpos...491&postcount=5

Henry Moore

Thread Closed share thread