[plugin] updates

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

01 January 2014
Katana looks pretty cool. How far away is that from release (ballpark date)?

01 January 2014
RE: katana

not too far away, I need to get the update for Vector Professional out first though, and the website is about to be renewed completely.

01 January 2014
Originally Posted by tapaul: RE: katana

not too far away, I need to get the update for Vector Professional out first though, and the website is about to be renewed completely.

Quite nice design there.

01 January 2014
Loving the new design, but where are those Topology Vertex Maps? Don't tell me they got discontinued — I've been using them everyday for the last week!

01 January 2014
No, they are not discontinued. The site you see there is draft,its missing some elements, and is not 100
% done yet. We are trying to get the presentation together, for both vector professional and Topo maps, in in some kind of quality, rather than my pathetic effort on old site. I am also working on Getting Tex remap into its new lease of life , as "Kendo Shaders".

cheers
Paul

01 January 2014
Originally Posted by tapaul: No, they are not discontinued. The site you see there is draft,its missing some elements, and is not 100
% done yet. We are trying to get the presentation together, for both vector professional and Topo maps, in in some kind of quality, rather than my pathetic effort on old site. I am also working on Getting Tex remap into its new lease of life , as "Kendo Shaders".

cheers
Paul

Sites looking great Paul. Hoping to put my money where my mouth is real soon.

01 January 2014
Vector Professional has been updated to version 1.32

VERSION 1.32 - JAN 29th 2014
Added - Unify Normal option (this ensures that each segments point order is rotated in the right order, to produce a unified normal direction when polygonized)
Changed - Frame offset added to time for shaders
Added - Phong Tag support (for polygon modes)
Added - Different Polygon Output modes.
Added - Color Mode Min and Max (takes the smallest or largest value frm R,G or B)

more details here..

Grab This.. mental Example scene made using Vector Professional and cloner blend mode.

CinemaPlugins.com

Last edited by tapaul : 01 January 2014 at 02:53 PM.

01 January 2014
Originally Posted by tapaul: ...mental Example scene made using Vector Professional and cloner blend mode...

Ooh I like this - looks like 3D noise sampled in slices at different heights - or maybe an animated noise sampled at different times? Do tell!

01 January 2014
in the new version, you can add a shader.
you can then set (for example) a noise in that shader, and then set its animation speed to say 1.0
you then create a copy of that vector pro obeject, and set the color input/animation/frame offset to 30 (for example)
you then create a cloner and set its mode to blend, and place both instances of vector pro under that cloner, setting the clone count to "whatever" and the p.z to "whatever"

it will then create say 20, copies of vector pro, and each one is sampled at a different time.

01 January 2014
Hi Paul, did you sent the link to the update ? Where I can find it ? Looks really nice !

01 January 2014
Originally Posted by Aurety: Hi Paul, did you sent the link to the update ? Where I can find it ? Looks really nice !

Paul, stop torturing me like a small animal and send me the update link as well 8)))...
Lunchtime here and I can't play...

01 January 2014
Vector Professional video

I have uploaded a short video showing some of the things you can do with Vector Professional

CinemaPlugins.com
regards
Paul

01 January 2014
Well the shader addition sold me.

Also wanted to add--as a customer with lots of plugins to keep track of, I appreciate the professional nature of the transaction. Getting an invoice I can file away as opposed to a casual email I need to hunt down later, and knowing I will be contacted about future updates and a products newsletter is something I wish most 3rd party c4d developers would do.

01 January 2014
thanks Joel, maybe I need to explain somewhere, more or less what you have written

regards
Paul

01 January 2014
Holy crap. That made my jaw drop.

reply share thread