Reaction Diffusion true 3D

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

1 Week Ago
Reaction Diffusion true 3D

Made with Ready + C4D:

(deleted due to lack of interest)

Last edited by teknow : 19 Hours Ago at 11:20 AM.

3 Days Ago
Well, it is exciting to me anyway! Apparently everyone would rather just buy Houdini.

3 Days Ago
It's a giant brown poo with red sprinkles

3 Days Ago
I was about to say that some explanation might be useful. I've no idea what I'm looking at (although I'm not seeing as much poo as Mash is).

3 Days Ago
3DFluff: I would like to see you model that organic shape without using Houdini. The point is that you can use the technique to model cellular or other biological components.

BTW, I just did your sculpting tutorial and really enjoyed it!

3 Days Ago
Quote: 3DFluff: I would like to see you model that organic shape without using Houdini. The point is that you can use the technique to model cellular or other biological components.

What technique? You posted an image with no explanation of what it is, what its for or how it was made.

Quote: BTW, I just did your sculpting tutorial and really enjoyed it!

3 Days Ago
Would be curious to see how the sample image was made as well.
Its a cool image.

The Aixsponza guys have some great tutorials on reaction diffusion in Houdini.
You can follow along using the free learning version if you wanted.

http://www.entagma.com/houdini-true...tion-diffusion/

3 Days Ago
Originally Posted by imashination: What technique? You posted an image with no explanation of what it is, what its for or how it was made.

Reading between the lines, I think he has used Ready (https://github.com/GollyGang/ready), a research-oriented open-source reaction diffusion modeller, to create an "organically grown" mesh within a cubic volume, and imported it into C4D. Ready is interesting, but not very easy to use.

Some similar things are possible with particle systems directly in C4D, such as the XPCellAuto generator in X-particles.

3 Days Ago
Reaction Diffusion creates some really stunning patterns both 2D and 3D. The 2D ones you can make within Photoshop mimic how biology creates some of those gorgeous things around us such as coral or Zebra stripes or even hair follicle distribution. They can be truly magical. I might be getting a little nerdy for the average user of C4D but to learn the technique really adds to the creative possibilities hidden within C4D. I have always loved the book "Computers and the Imagination" and this technique finally allows me to create those kind of gorgeous images worthy of framing on some wall.
The image used as an example was a quickly cranked out one and not finessed to the point of being a Joel Dubin spectacular eye candy but was merely done to show the type of mesh which can be created but normally is impossible due to the limitations of C4D.
Entagma really is the ultimate that I have seen for such gorgeous computer art but I was looking for a way which did not require Houdini.
Yes, it was created using the free Ready software which can be really frustrating but also really magical because just by tiny formula manipulations you can get big mesh differences.

3 Days Ago
A link to the software in the first post would have been pretty useful...

3 Days Ago
Here's the free software and if anyone wants example files for Ready I would be glad to post some of mine. You can output a mesh in .obj format and bring that into C4D for finessing. You can also make .obj animation sequences, output them to a folder and then drag the entire folder into C4D for animations of the mesh creating and evolving which can be pretty dramatic.

https://github.com/GollyGang/ready/releases

This stuff is great for biologic modeling.

1 Day Ago
That link isn't working.

reply share thread