This Could Be Cool Character Animation Tech For C4D

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

04 April 2018
This Could Be Cool Character Animation Tech For C4D

Elasticity Skinning for better deformation of rigged characters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRy...HMyykfp&index=4

Last edited by skeebertus : 04 April 2018 at 05:10 PM.

04 April 2018
Looks like a cool solution, I wonder how it compares to Delta Mush, and PSD morphs now in r19?

Dan

04 April 2018
Originally Posted by Rectro: Looks like a cool solution, I wonder how it compares to Delta Mush, and PSD morphs now in r19?

I cannot answer that because I don't have R19. But, the method appears to be fast-computing (realtime capable), automatic and is available to license for inclusion in 3D software.

So I thought I'd post it here in case Maxon or a plugin developer is interested in picking up on it.

In the video they say that they are also developing a solution for animated muscles in characters.

04 April 2018
Indeed this Implicit skinning tech is rumored to be coming to Blender possibly after 2.8
( not spamming Blender here!! .. honestly)

Good joint deformations are imporant for the look of the
characters .
Actually the C4D rigging and Muscle deformation tools are well implemented.

What C4D needs are modern Motion building & editing tools with scalability with a standard human IK control rig that can easily retarget Mocap for those scenes where you need dozens of people milling about or doing battle etc.
( Game of thrones etc.)

I understand the importance of hand keying skills however
it is simply not practical for large scale productions.
and forget about any believable ragdoll physics.
or character narratives with alot of verbal dialog

Thus the options need to be there to quickly access externally created body and face motion data without the manual hand renaming required by the utterly useless "retarget tag".

The nonlinear motion clip system in C4D is primitive and put to utter shame by the nonlinear "aniblock" system in Daz studio
to say nothing of how poorly it compares to the NL Motion system of Iclone pro pipeline currently on sale
for $250 USD
( ok spamming a wee bit with this one)
https://www.reallusion.com/store/product.html?l=1&p=ic

But seriously Mates, Even those of us using dedicated solutions like MOBU or Iclone
have no reasonble option to get our exported motion data retarget to a C4D native rig.

why is why we are bringing in entire preanimated figures for rendering via FBX or a mesh deformation options
such as MDD or Alembic.

reply share thread