baking psr keys on object, not entire hierarchy

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

04 April 2018
baking psr keys on object, not entire hierarchy

Hello people

I am currently animating a car driving past a truck. In a blink it goes to slomo using a time track. I have some artefact on the animation due to interpolation. I am able to get rid of that if I bake the rig to psr keys on every frame, no clean tracks here.

My problem is that when I bake an object with functions>bake the entire hierarchy gets baked. I can't seem to get around that. My car rig has about 2000 object but it is only around 20 or so that has psr data.

Is there a way to make cinema to bake only selected objects or a plugin/script that can help out here.

04 April 2018
Add Motion Clip only for the Node you want to bake ( children / uncheck )... then Convert Layer to Keyframe Animation ...

04 April 2018
There is two bakes. One in the fuctions menu, another in the Motion menu from with Motion timeline. I find that motion menu bake does not bake as the same as from the function menu. You can un-check the hierachy also by holding thr ctrl key and clicking on a hierachy with can be seen in the properties when a motion clip is selected. If you also so as the last poster said then your only get a motion clip that contains the keys you need in the first place, and if you right click on the timeline you can see and edit these keys alone.

Dan

4 Weeks Ago
Thanks for the tips. I have little to none experience when dealing with motion clips. I am more of a keyframe kind of guy. This baking method works pretty decent though even if it is a few to many steps. I say thank you nevertheless.

reply share thread