PXL+DIRT "grunge/ dirt helper" Cinema 4D & Octane

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

05 May 2017
PXL+DIRT "grunge/ dirt helper" Cinema 4D & Octane

Hi,
PXL+DIRT is a little xpresso setup for Cinema 4d and Octane Render (3.06 or above required), which I hope will help you to bring quickly and procedurally a little life to your materials …

---------------update Tue June 13, 2017 -------------------

I teamed up with with Joren Kandel ( PIXELLAB ) to make PXL+DIRT now available on his website @ thepixellab.net
All you need is out there now ( examples, tutorials and many other great stuffs

thanks for interest

---------------update Tue June 13, 2017 -------------------

>>>More info<<<

video  showing  installation and different features:

video showing the improvements on the displacement feature (November 2017):

Do not hesitate to ask and post here for any help, suggestions, results etc ... or please check out wip forums threads:
@Otoy , @FrenchCinema4d

Thanks for watching
Ciao

Last edited by pxlntwrk : 10 October 2017 at 01:29 AM.

05 May 2017
Well this looks pretty awesome. Will give it a go, thanks!

05 May 2017
is this available for OSX?

05 May 2017
Originally Posted by mitchino: is this available for OSX?

Hi,
I assume this must work but, someone could say in my place please, where exactly is the c4d scripts folder in OSX?

05 May 2017
looks lovely

This looks great and doesnt affect your material but acts ontop, interesting workflow.

05 May 2017
Clever stuff.
Question. Can the end results be converted and applied directly to a permanent shader?
In the sense that you could share that result without the xpresso stuff.

05 May 2017
Originally Posted by ThePriest: Clever stuff.
Question. Can the end results be converted and applied directly to a permanent shader?
In the sense that you could share that result without the xpresso stuff.

I dont know if i understand well but,
it's only classics Octane Mix-Material repeatedly, xpresso is here only to drive Octane nodes values

Otherwise you can use Octane baking feature to "flatten" the mix-mat if you need.

thanks

05 May 2017
PXL+DIRT disappears from OM

I installed PXL+DIRT on C4D R18. When I add PXL+DIRT it shows up for a few seconds then disappears from the Object Manager. I can see the PXL+DIRT layer in the layer manger. Once in a while it stays put and is usable. Most of the time it disappears. Any thoughts?

Also, are default shaders supposed to be included? The only thing that works is the dirt. Scratches and other items are blank.

Thanks,
Adam

05 May 2017
Originally Posted by akport: I installed PXL+DIRT on C4D R18. When I add PXL+DIRT it shows up for a few seconds then disappears from the Object Manager. I can see the PXL+DIRT layer in the layer manger. Once in a while it stays put and is usable. Most of the time it disappears. Any thoughts?

Also, are default shaders supposed to be included? The only thing that works is the dirt. Scratches and other items are blank.

Thanks,
Adam

Hi, and thanks for report,

I am really sorry for this issue, but I do not know at all from where it can come. This is just a personal tool sharing..But I am still curious about this concern.

And yes all slots are empty , no shader included. will share some exemples if needed.

Thanks
Ciao

06 June 2017
Thanks for the quick reply. Here's what I found. If I start a new scene and add PXL+DIRT right away then click on it, it disappears from the OM. If I select the Default layer from the Layers palette first, everything works fine. It seems to have something to do with how the layers are assigned and hidden.

Great script. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to working with it.

06 June 2017
Thanks, this is very cool!

Re: Priest's question: the new materials are being created on a hidden layer. If you delete the expression you can then unlock and unhide the layer to see the materials.

06 June 2017
Nothing happens on OS X, but I'm not sure I'm even using it properly. Some example scenes would be very welcome!

06 June 2017
Originally Posted by AdamT: Thanks, this is very cool!

Re: Priest's question: the new materials are being created on a hidden layer. If you delete the expression you can then unlock and unhide the layer to see the materials.

Hi,
thanks,
on the PXL+DiRT "main panel" there is an "Utilities" section, and there an "setup" bouton to unhide all setup..

i hope it will help

Ciao

06 June 2017
Originally Posted by Darth Mole: Nothing happens on OS X, but I'm not sure I'm even using it properly. Some example scenes would be very welcome!

Hi,

Actually I do not really have any returns for OSX, but could someone else confirm that it works or does not work?

In any case I think I post one or two examples in .c4d format.

Thank you for this report.

Ciao

06 June 2017
Originally Posted by akport: Thanks for the quick reply. Here's what I found. If I start a new scene and add PXL+DIRT right away then click on it, it disappears from the OM. If I select the Default layer from the Layers palette first, everything works fine. It seems to have something to do with how the layers are assigned and hidden.

Great script. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to working with it.

Hi,

Thanks for report, will check that when i wil have some free time.

Ciao

reply share thread